IGNORED

Legends Flashback FIRMWARE for adding games to SD card

On 4/23/2021 at 10:05 AM, Gamer2020 said:

Thanks I'm just glad that the option to add more emulators will soon be possible with this system! Thanks again for taking the time to figure this out!

I hope that this new update will be released very soon there's so much I would like to try with this legends flashback such as tg16, atari lynx, gameboy along with many others

On 4/2/2021 at 6:59 AM, Draxxon said:

Amazon.com: At Games Legends Flashback Boom!: Video Games

these are $38.90 (free shipping with Prime) right now on amazon.

And i should tell you all, these devices have been hacked WIDE OPEN recently and SOON a pack of content is going to be released

that will work on ANY Legends Flashback Unit. It soon wont matter WHICH VERSION you have. Get this while you can.

Waiting anxiously! ;)

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 11:03 PM, rmr_md said:

Is your Legends Flashback the 2018 (50 games) or 2019 (100 games) version? You can't flash the firmware from the 2018 version in the 2019 FB. The only way to fix a soft-brick is reflashing the device using the Rockchip tools and a good backup.

Are you familiar with soldering? You will need to short a couple of points to enable USB data transfer mode. I managed to do that with clear tape, but soldering the jumpers would be easier. If your Flashback is the 2018 model, I can help with the files to recover the device.

Mine is not completely bricked, but it doesn't work right. I can get to the menu and choose games, but then it goes to "Loading>>>" and hangs up forever. Even booting from the USB drive with CFW, it hangs when running games. Very strange.

I can install the firmware from the ATGames page, and even tried older ones, but nothing fixes it.

If you know of a way to restore it, I can try. :)

Maybe if someone still has older firmware files available, I can reflash. Someone mentioned the 2.3 update would restore the rom and emulator partitions. Maybe I am now missing one or both of those?

Edited by R.Cade

2 hours ago, Draxxon said:

and so, it was the TV causing your issues? so weird. I wonder if others had that issue and just didn't figure out what you learned?

Yes, it all works fine on one, but not the other. As far as I can tell, it's the fact that there is no sound handling on the monitor I had it connected to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, R.Cade said:

Yes, it all works fine on one, but not the other. As far as I can tell, it's the fact that there is no sound handling on the monitor I had it connected to.

check this video out. Is it the HDMI cord?

The cable is the same one I use on my MiSTer setup. I will try to swap it and see, though.

EDIT: Nope, it's the monitor. I swapped the HDMI cable with the one that works on the ASUS display.

Edited by R.Cade
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/3/2021 at 1:08 AM, R.Cade said:

f someone still has older firmware files available, I can reflash. Someone mentioned the 2.3 update would restore the rom and emulator partitions. Maybe I am now missing one or both of those?:)

I'm struggeling to find the older firmware (post #47, http://cds.i2e7g6m3.hwcdn.net/afz/arcade_update_v2.3_1114.img), the link seems to be broken.

Is it essential for installing a custom firmware or can I use an alternate version? 

• 2 months later...

Has AtGames ever made a fix for the firmware update that swaps the Nintendo A/B buttons? Or has anyone ever figured out a workaround for it? I have the Legends Flashback with 100 games from 2019.
Bought it and never saw the warning about the button swap and did the update and now NES games are a pain to play. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

need help

I have the legends flashback 100 games model fb8660  i can't get afz to register for some reason  

i need the latest firmware update for this unit please so i can get the games that dont work fixed for my son.

i have the flashback deluxe on the way as i speak and i understand it works out of the box adding roms, i plan to do that when i gets here.  are we still ok with the stock firmware for the deluxe unit?

thanks 

Alan

• 1 month later...

I was able to successfully update the Legends Flashback 2018 using these two downloads from this link:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-firmware-for-atgames-legends-flashback-with-support-for-arcade-games.527550/

that rrifonas posted in another thread here on AtariAge. I used the arcade_update.img from the arcade_update_v2.8.4_20191204 and the retroplayer.ini, which isn't there even though it is mnetioned in the read me, from this arcade_update_v2.6_fba_mame_v2.

After I did that I loaded the LUFB_May21_2022 files from Archive.org onto a 32GB SD card and installed it into the LFB. Everything runs fine.

magnus

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/25/2022 at 5:35 PM, magnusfalkirk said:

I was able to successfully update the Legends Flashback 2018 using these two downloads from this link:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-firmware-for-atgames-legends-flashback-with-support-for-arcade-games.527550/

that rrifonas posted in another thread here on AtariAge. I used the arcade_update.img from the arcade_update_v2.8.4_20191204 and the retroplayer.ini, which isn't there even though it is mnetioned in the read me, from this arcade_update_v2.6_fba_mame_v2.

After I did that I loaded the LUFB_May21_2022 files from Archive.org onto a 32GB SD card and installed it into the LFB. Everything runs fine.

magnus

Ok so I need 2.8.4 update firmware to update 50 Game Legends 2018 to see the sd card option on bottom of left main menu and use roms from Nes Genesis Mame 0.75b dumped all in "GAME" folder 📁 (after I erase 2.8.4 firmware off SD card) but I must get ini file from 2.6 firmware so I can use LUFB dash board like Ultimate Flashback os I see on 2022 YouTube videos?

I heard there was a Pico expierement custom update for

50 Game Legends 2018 can anybody PM me that? Apparently the guy I asked was banned 🚫 or idk.

Edited by T.O.

I just looked through my Legend Ultimate Flashback build that is dated My 21 of this year. In the emulator folder I can't find any Picodrive core, here is the core I have that seems to let me run Sega 32X games: genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so. If you don't have that in your emulator folder let me know and I'll email you a copy.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I got one the AtGames Legends Flashback consoles. (the 2018 model, I believe. 50 games.) So, I've currently had success with Sega Genesis games. Anything with a .Bin file within the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, works like a charm, even with the rewind and save functions.

I rather love this console, despite how cheap everyone thinks it is. I want to take it a step further into playing an SNES/Famicom title and/or a Sega CD game on it. Problem is the console doesn't recognize the file types.

When I put a .Fig extension (or if it's already on the game) it doesn't show up in the menu. I have NO CLUE what a BIOS folder is, or how to properly assemble the Sega CD title for proper playing (I was trying to play Snatchers or Sonic CD).

Every game goes to the GAME folder on my SD card.

I've heard answers that range from: "You can't play SNES on the 2018," to "You can play BOTH Sega CD and SNES. You need the proper files."

If someone can see an SNES game, how come it doesn't recognize a .Fig extension on my console? I've done everything from using an advanced rename to a .bin file, to complete new extensions.

I sound like I know what I'm talking about but I seriously don't. I got lucky just figuring out how to get Kid Chameleon to work.

If someone can honestly say and show that you CAN play SNES and Sega CD on it, would you mind and show/tell in layman's terms to how you would go about doing and getting it running on the console?

I'm an idiot when it comes to technology, despite what I'm dealing with working on the AtGames console.

I don't know if anyone will see this, but... I hope so. This thing has gone on for nearly 5 years and I only hope it's still going.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 5:19 PM, magnusfalkirk said:

I just looked through my Legend Ultimate Flashback build that is dated My 21 of this year. In the emulator folder I can't find any Picodrive core, here is the core I have that seems to let me run Sega 32X games: genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so. If you don't have that in your emulator folder let me know and I'll email you a copy.

Ok can you email it to me at 1333macgyver@gmail.com

Actually I'll pay for you to mod my Legends 2018 50 Game so it looks like this with like 33 consoles on operating system

Screenshot_20230122-165619.png

On 1/7/2023 at 8:52 PM, HeavyMetalHusk said:

Hello everyone.

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I got one the AtGames Legends Flashback consoles. (the 2018 model, I believe. 50 games.) So, I've currently had success with Sega Genesis games. Anything with a .Bin file within the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, works like a charm, even with the rewind and save functions.

I rather love this console, despite how cheap everyone thinks it is. I want to take it a step further into playing an SNES/Famicom title and/or a Sega CD game on it. Problem is the console doesn't recognize the file types.

When I put a .Fig extension (or if it's already on the game) it doesn't show up in the menu. I have NO CLUE what a BIOS folder is, or how to properly assemble the Sega CD title for proper playing (I was trying to play Snatchers or Sonic CD).

Every game goes to the GAME folder on my SD card.

I've heard answers that range from: "You can't play SNES on the 2018," to "You can play BOTH Sega CD and SNES. You need the proper files."

If someone can see an SNES game, how come it doesn't recognize a .Fig extension on my console? I've done everything from using an advanced rename to a .bin file, to complete new extensions.

I sound like I know what I'm talking about but I seriously don't. I got lucky just figuring out how to get Kid Chameleon to work.

If someone can honestly say and show that you CAN play SNES and Sega CD on it, would you mind and show/tell in layman's terms to how you would go about doing and getting it running on the console?

I'm an idiot when it comes to technology, despite what I'm dealing with working on the AtGames console.

I don't know if anyone will see this, but... I hope so. This thing has gone on for nearly 5 years and I only hope it's still going.

Thanks.

I can send you the link, from an earlier post of mine, on how to mod the 2018 Legends Flashback so it will play a TON of other games.

• Like 1