IGNORED

Legends Flashback FIRMWARE for adding games to SD card

Hello again! I´m updating a 16Gb SDcard with all games possible to run in your firmware, I can ZIP a image from it and share a link to all you guys who want a copy.

I also found a interesting information, there is TWO versions of AT Games Legends, one is named ARCADE LEGENDS FLASHBACK (50 games like Mortal Kombat 1) and another AT GAMES LEGENDS FLASHBACK (50 games and no MK1). Is there is two different emulators/cores/nands or the difference could be just the gameset?

Finally I ordered a pair of 6-buttons Genesis controls with turbo, slow motion and mode button: this toy deserves a good update to be played! ;)

See ya (y)

I know that late era Williams / Midway games like Mortal Kombat, Terminator 2, Smash TV, Revolution X,and so forth don't display properly (everything is on an angle) unless you go into the system menu, then it displays fine in the background. I'm chalking that up to the MAME version that's used, and TBH, not having those games play isn't a deal breaker for me.

Confirmed: the limit for this console is 16Gb, I tried a 32Gb SD card and it cannot read it. So I build two 16Gb cards:

- one with mame2000 romset + MD/Genesis + GameGear + SMasterSystem + NES + some SegaCD and left 500Mb free to system.

- one with SegaCD only best titles lefting 500Mb to system.

MK1 works but the screen is on angle like Inky told, is there any fix? MK1 and late games are awesome!

Last question: is there a way to change MAME2000 or other emulators settings in this firmware? Maybe modifying to first check SDcard for a CFG file and then ignore it to default if there is nothing there... so we can explore and modify it to speed up or ignore things!

;)

Edited by eliofilho

Confirmed: the limit for this console is 16Gb, I tried a 32Gb SD card and it cannot read it. So I build two 16Gb cards:

- one with mame2000 romset + MD/Genesis + GameGear + SMasterSystem + NES + some SegaCD and left 500Mb free to system.

- one with SegaCD only best titles lefting 500Mb to system.

MK1 works but the screen is on angle like Inky told, is there any fix? MK1 and late games are awesome!

Last question: is there a way to change MAME2000 or other emulators settings in this firmware? Maybe modifying to first check SDcard for a CFG file and then ignore it to default if there is nothing there... so we can explore and modify it to speed up or ignore things!

;)

You can try using MK1 using mkla4, this set is based in Y-Unit, and it works fine with the Legends Flashback.

As far as I know it's not possible to change settings as the emulator doesn't have a key mapped to open "MAME menu". I've seen that the emulator creates the .nv and .cfg files in the SD Card. In theory it would be possible to change these settings using RetroArch in another device and copy the files back to the SD Card, but I've never tried it.

• Like 1

Thanks rmr_md, I´ll try both things: edit cfg files and mkla4.

SMS GG and even MD have really bad emulation, I agree. Maybe is the sound chip in Legends or anything in emulators that can or cannot be updated. Remeber for example the real SMS have a unnoficial FM addon and Genesis a Yamaha Sound Chip upgrade that transforms sound in both drastically!

Regards,

Quick question: that "retroplayer.ini" file cannot receive more useful settings to our console? Like sound config (other than mame2003 22050hz)?

For example: I like to let enabled scanlines and overdrive options but every reboot it disables again.

I believe MD and SegaCD for example can have better sound samples (44100) and maybe some older arcade games or NeoGeo...

rmr_md I saw your work with Genesis Flashback even with the program to add images and description to Genesis games, nice stuff. Is there a way to something like this over this cheap console?

Just thinking in more customizable stuff! Ty again ;)

You need to delete retroplayer.ini from the SD Card after rebooting the device at least one time. I've set this file to be applied at each boot so if you keep the file in The SD card it will always overwrite your modifications.

This file can only apply core settings (the same from RetroArch), and enable the option to show fps. Some settings cannot be changes because there is a pre-populated read-only file in the emulator partition.

I haven't done the program to edit all-games.ini, it was created by another user in Gbatemp. I'm quite sure I enabled support to remap the roms folder to the SD Card in latest update for the Legends Flashback.

The program may not work for the Legends Flashback bacause there is an additional setting in all-games.ini to select the emulator.

Edited by rmr_md

Thanks for all info and effort, rmr_md.

I discovered that we can use CUE files do open SegaCD games, so I named all CUE games to "CD-nameofthegame.cue" and all bin files do nameofgamecd.bin, so it´s easy to make cues to point direclty to all the gamefiles.

The sort method for files is a total lame, it´s not alphabetical and all games are messed up and this is a real flaw considering there is 290 pages of games with too small number each page.

All these observations are just to a future update, if it will be possible! ;)

I discovered that we can use CUE files do open SegaCD games, so I named all CUE games to "CD-nameofthegame.cue" and all bin files do nameofgamecd.bin, so it´s easy to make cues to point direclty to all the gamefiles.

I cannot get the Sega CD games to run. My files are located in the GAME folder. I have removed all of the spaces in the file names, and I have updated the .cue file to point to the correct .bin file name, but my Sega CD games do not load. Can you offer any suggestions? Thank you.

Edited by doomeyes

I downloaded a full set of 56gb containing all segacd, each game is one or more .bin files and a .cue to organize the audio.

Then renamed for example Sonic CD files to soniccd1.bin, soniccd2.bin etc and edited the .cue file to point to this new names.

The cue file I named CD-Sonic.cue and this is the file I open in Legends to run the game perfectly. All names with no chars or spaces, just a-z, 1-9 and -, nothing more.

Remember to download the SegaCD bios, rename all to correct region bios e, bios a and bios j and put everything together in the same GAME folder.

GG ;)

• Like 1

Remember to download the SegaCD bios, rename all to correct region bios e, bios a and bios j and put everything together in the same GAME folder.

Thank you for all of your help. I have done what you suggested, but perhaps I don't have my bios files named correctly. Can you please give me an example of what one of yours is named? Thank you.

Nice job Doomeyes, I still dont believe the SegaCD is running perfectly as the original one besides the sound deserves some kind of work.

I believe 32X and CD32X games can run in this thing but I had try all 32x´s BIOSes names and still not running. Any suggestions or it cant be done in the emulators core?

Regards,

Edited by eliofilho

Genesis Plus GX (which is the best Genesis emulator around) does not support 32x.

Only Picodrive supports 32x but I've heard some complaints in GBATemp with Picodrive running in the Genesis Flashback 2018 (framerate issues) so I won't create a different update with Picodrive for this hardware.

• Like 1

Tonight at my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I bought Legends Flashback Blast, Bandai Namco Flashback Blast, Midway Classics Vol. 1 plug-n-play, and Ms. Pac-Man plug-n-play. I've read the crappy reviews on all of them, and the reviews are justified, but I paid only $3.20 each. They were on clearance for $4.00 each, and with the BBB coupon, it knocked 20% off each. I could not get the sound to work in any of them unless I plugged them into my older TV. None of my modern TVs or computer monitors would produce any sound.

I can only recommend the Arcade Legends Flashback or the Legends Flashback (version without MK1), good bangs for bucks.

By the way rmr_md I am still curious in diference between those machines, I believe in core changes or hardware. I popped up my unity and saw a Monkey branded chip inside it, controller boards and HDMI out, with SD slot. Amazing how technologicaly poor and how efficient this machine can be for the money.

(y)

Nobody has seen the "Arcade Legends Flashback" and I doubt it exists.

The processor in the Legends Flashback is a rebranded Rockchip RK3066 (dual-core 1.5GHz) coupled with 128MB RAM and a 128MB ROM. It's a weak hardware overall but it does what is supposed to do.

• Like 1