IGNORED

Warren Robinett's book about making ADVENTURE

Flojomojo

Except commenters in this thread, amirite? :P

No, We all are entitled to our opinions. Posting them here is not going to change my opinion or yours, You can easily look up all the threads that have "made a turn for the bad" when politics were interjected into the conversation . Politics is a very 'close to the heart' type belief and many people have problems discussing it without using insults. I This is a privately owned site and the owner(AL) has decided that politics are not to be debated here.

IMO this thread isn't about whether you agree or disagree with the comments. It is more about if it is appropriate to put in this type of book.

• Like 1

No, We all are entitled to our opinions. Posting them here is not going to change my opinion or yours, You can easily look up all the threads that have "made a turn for the bad" when politics were interjected into the conversation . Politics is a very 'close to the heart' type belief and many people have problems discussing it without using insults. I This is a privately owned site and the owner(AL) has decided that politics are not to be debated here.

IMO this thread isn't about whether you agree or disagree with the comments. It is more about if it is appropriate to put in this type of book.

I don't have a problem with Al's non-politics policies; in fact I embrace it. Please don't put words into my figurative mouth.

My only issue was with that particular post, which seemed to be implicitly saying that Robinett's rant was fine but the way people were reacting was not.

But, I'm glad we all concluded we're entitled to our opinions.

I realize that Adventure is one of the all-time greats for the 2600. I would love to hear more about his experience with the Swordquest series of games and how the games ended up being so god awful. It was touted as a sequel to Adventure, right? The contest was such a great idea but the games were such dogs! What happened???

I would love to hear more about his experience with the Swordquest series of games and how the games ended up being so god awful. It was touted as a sequel to Adventure, right? The contest was such a great idea but the games were such dogs! What happened???

Robinett had nothing to do with the SwordQuest games. He left Atari in June 1979; the first SwordQuest game was released in 1982.
  • Like 2

Have you ever given any thought to a sequel to "Adventure"?

"Yes, a great deal of thought. "Rocky's Boots" was originally intended to be an adventure game where you built machines to defeat the monsters. But it evolved in a different direction."

https://www.dadgum.com/halcyon/BOOK/ROBINETT.HTM

• 2 months later...

"Virtue signalling" must be the most overused, tired and tedious Internet-favourite phrase since "the strawman". Here's hoping it will go away sooner than later.

That and "killer app" as used for video games. Back in those days, apps were applications that helped you with your income tax. They were not associated with video games. It's all about the correct choice of words which some don't have obviously as they only use "uber" to describe something great. Well, there you have it!