IGNORED

Get Papi ! A first Try with the Intellivision ! :)

Vetea

Works better than before. I do have some feedback:

• The sensitivity of your hand-controller decoding seems very flaky. Sometimes I can shoot two shots in a row, sometimes it forces me to wait about a second before I am allowed to shoot. (I press the button multiple times in a row and it doesn't take it.)

I'll play some more and provide additional feedback.

Hello,

Don't loose your time with that.

I've stopped the dev, too much hasardous bugs ( Freeze, Emulator crash, etc ... ) ..

I've not the patience to Re-build another version.

It was a cool experience anyway.

Best wishes for the others projects on the Intellivision. ;)

Cheers,

Vetea

Hello,

I've stopped the dev, too much hasardous bugs ( Freeze, Emulator crash, etc ... ) ..

Cheers,

Vetea

What do you mean? Is there something we can help you with?

-dZ.

Hello,

Cheers,

Vetea

Vetea,

I'm sure you are aware of it, but just in case, the jzIntv emulator comes with a very powerful interactive debugger. If you are using the IntyBASIC SDK, invoking the debugger is as simple as using the tool "INTYDBUG" to execute the game, and it will take care of initializing the debugger with a symbol table and source-to-listing mapping between IntyBASIC and Assembly.

If you are not using the SDK, you can add the "-d" option to the command line to invoke the debugger, but you'll have to read jzIntv debugger documentation for information on how to set the symbol table and other features.

Or just ask. ;)

-dZ.

Hello,

After few days of reflexion, and the fun I had with Intybasic and the Intellivision, finally, I take a second chance to rebuild a new engine, new game more equal with my original game, Papi Commando.

Here is the preview of the present Tileset ( WIP ).

sans_t18.png

I'll try to use the Hardware scrolling ( vertical here ).

Let's be patient, and done the good job. :D

Cheers,

Vetea

• Like 8

Hello,

After few days of reflexion, and the fun I had with Intybasic and the Intellivision, finally, I take a second chance to rebuild a new engine, new game more equal with my original game, Papi Commando.

Here is the preview of the present Tileset ( WIP ).

sans_t18.png

I'll try to use the Hardware scrolling ( vertical here ).

Let's be patient, and done the good job. :D

Cheers,

Vetea

That is a very cool screenshot. I'll say again how happy I am that so many programmers new to the Inty are showing up. I look forward to seeing where this project goes next.

Hi all,

I hope you can see now the the screen !

And yes, I've done the Genesis Version, many version :

Papi Commando published by WM.

Papi Commando free version

Papi Commando "Remix"

Papi Commando Tectoy Version

It's the sequel of the initial PC version I've done many years ago

Cheers,

Vetea

• Like 2

I've never played Papi Commando nor any of the others, but I have seen them before in other platforms. I'm very glad that you joined our community and hope you stay for a while programming for the Intellivision.

A Papi Commando game for the Intellivision would be great -- especially if it takes advantage of the strengths of the Intellivision rather than just being a direct port. ;)

-dZ.

Hi all,

I hope you can see now the the screen !

And yes, I've done the Genesis Version, many version :

Papi Commando published by WM.

Papi Commando free version

Papi Commando "Remix"

Papi Commando Tectoy Version

It's the sequel of the initial PC version I've done many years ago

Cheers,

Vetea

Where can one order Reload?

Hi all !!

I've work hard since my "Restart" with Intybasic.

I've really improve my engine, and now, I can share you a video :

As you see, many improvement, that's so badass ... :D

This map is really huge, but I can make a more great MAP with various Tileset. We can see the next step.

And I inform the community, the Pre Order of my new Game : Bomb on Basic City Special Edition on Megadrive !

Pre Order open for 9 days.

More information here :

http://www.cotegamers.com/boutique/index.php?id_product=51&controller=product

Cheers,

Vetea

• Like 8

Check your .cfg file and see if your data segment is getting too big. There's some alias on Intellivision memorymap that you can't put ROM data on. So at default your game is mapped to $5000-$6FFF. To get around that is to use 'asm org $C100' directive to map the data after this line on to this segment, this segment is the longest memory segment, so you have $C100-$FFFF. There are 4 other segments you can place data on to.

Information here: http://wiki.intellivision.us/index.php?title=Cart.mac

Other reason for the crashing that your stack might be overflowing. So inserting, 'STACK_CHECK' will stop your program and print stack overflow when the stack is too high. The cause for that is goto-ing out of a gosub, which doesn't pop the data off the stack.

The game is looking really good. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Edited by Kiwi
  • Like 1

Check your .cfg file and see if your data segment is getting too big. There's some alias on Intellivision memorymap that you can't put ROM data on. So at default your game is mapped to $5000-$6FFF. To get around that is to use 'asm org $C100' directive to map the data after this line on to this segment, this segment is the longest memory segment, so you have $C100-$FFFF. There are 4 other segments you can place data on to.

Information here: http://wiki.intellivision.us/index.php?title=Cart.mac

Other reason for the crashing that your stack might be overflowing. So inserting, 'STACK_CHECK' will stop your program and print stack overflow when the stack is too high. The cause for that is goto-ing out of a gosub, which doesn't pop the data off the stack.

The game is looking really good. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Wow! You guys are aware that a lot of people jump to BASIC to get away from convoluted arcana like that? :P

That's not to say that Vetea can't do it, but perhaps it's time for IntyBASIC to support some simple interface to define ROM segments and switching between them. It doesn't have to be something fancy -- even something like what "Cart.mac" does, which is handled by the assembler instead of the compiler.

I mean, rather than having everyone adding "ASM ORG" statements all over the place, include a way to define a memory map (and include a good default, like "Cart.mac"), and then let programmers use "ROMSEG 0" and "ROMSEG 1" to switch. Even that, with no boundary checks underneath, would be an improvement to the current state of affairs, where most IntyBASIC programmers don't even know what the memory map of the Intellivision is.

-dZ.

• Like 2

Wow! You guys are aware that a lot of people jump to BASIC to get away from convoluted arcana like that? :P

-dZ.

Yup! That's why I am here trying to help them by spreading awareness putting 'asm org' in their project, maybe we should have 'asm org' awareness month. Great, I'm sounding like a hippie now. :) I don't want people to give up and trash their project and spank their Intellivision due to their game crashing all the time. It's also in the manual too. I think there should be added warning or error message to as1600 assembler if data are writing to address that they're not suppose to.