IGNORED

Demo coding Lesson ;)

emkay

CALM DOWN Heaven... :)

I liked the Bonsai demo, very technical but not as fun as that one but its all good....

No scroller...True and No Death Star blowing up...Buy hey, very in the mood...

Don't worry, the Atari stuff still freaks me out the most, what I'd love is an Atari with multi colour sprites from the C64, nice mix...

Yes. Sure. ever did that in your tunes? in MPT or CMC? please have a go. esp. easily switch then back to 4 channels when fx is loaded etc...

Sometimes I really wonder how you manage to have demos running.

How about using temporarily two channels? You know there a fixed four channels with defined numbers, where to find them. Just not writing into the registers could be a good start?

Sometimes I really wonder how you manage to have demos running.

How about using temporarily two channels? You know there a fixed four channels with defined numbers, where to find them. Just not writing into the registers could be a good start?

Ever understand what I wanted to say? Yes, i did that in Arsantica 3 and Seban did it in Overnind. And you? What about you? Esp when claiming its easy? Edited by Heaven/TQA
  • Like 3

One of the few whimsical and fun demos for the C64... they didn't go nuts because of line crawling or tearing and blocking... they just kept going, warts and all. In Atari world screaming wailing and gnashing of teeth would commence if such was in a demo ...

They really worked around the sid chip flaws and made some decent tunes, (of course it's hard not to hear the real Star Wars themes in your head at same time)

But yeah I really was bummed out no Star Wars Iconic scroller and it was a bit of a slide show, not much in the way of effects... Choosing an old School original Star Wars theme guarantees to be crowd pleasing.

I'd like it on all the platform with some slight embellishment added, perhaps to Millennium Falcon turning a bit and such things... Going for the comic book look wasn't a bad choice on some of it. If there were a slide show category it would rank really high. Not sure I'd say earth shattering #1demo at all. I needed something to blow up!

Edited by _The Doctor__

I am not upset... ;) just wondered that censor won :D and i know several guys working on the demo so easy ;)

Can't Answer that, the Bonsai was far more tech and if you loved Scrollers of every imaginable type you were in for a treat...Very nice 2.5 disks worth (short use of disk 3)..

I guess it was just the fun side of the Censor one with the SW tune hook :)

I love a tech demo but I also like a bit of fun too, its a hard one for the judges but I don't know what the criteria was (new / good use of fx ie more techy)

Ever understand what I wanted to say? Yes, i did that in Arsantica 3 and Seban did it in Overnind. And you? What about you? Esp when claiming its easy?

Well, I'm not promising anything.

I explain what's missing in the Atari software .

Also, you still didn't get the point.

It is not about "doing this now" "doing this now" ....

It's the transport from one big effect to the other. It's the transitions between the effects, so the viewer of the demo can watch it by "following something" . If you're doing that right, you could expand a demo to the double of time, without making the demo boring.

Well, I'm not promising anything.

I explain what's missing in the Atari software .

Also, you still didn't get the point.

It is not about "doing this now" "doing this now" ....

It's the transport from one big effect to the other. It's the transitions between the effects, so the viewer of the demo can watch it by "following something" . If you're doing that right, you could expand a demo to the double of time, without making the demo boring.

Aaaah... yes... now I got the miracle I dont know since 1986 ;). (Still not doing transitions though)

As a supplementary material - have a look here:

https://youtu.be/XV5MehMPOLg

It presents the SimAntic tool I'm working on. One of the effects from the intro (the sea surface) was coded using that tool. You can dig almost exact assembler code for that effect by downloading the tool and playing with it :) Its in FxVoxels.java file :).

• Like 7

I get it Master... du kannst deine Meinung haben, steht jedem frei nur das Belehrende ist einfach Quatsch. Zumal keinerlei Erfahrung selbst. Das scheinst du nicht zu erkennen.

Und Du , wie so mach anderer hier, scheinst nicht zu erkennen, dass das Deine eigenen Einschätzungen sind, die Du auf Andere projizierst.

You won't get that, if you want to impress people, you have to do stuff that impresses them, not just yourself.

Und Du , wie so mach anderer hier, scheinst nicht zu erkennen, dass das Deine eigenen Einschätzungen sind, die Du auf Andere projizierst.

You won't get that, if you want to impress people, you have to do stuff that impresses them, not just yourself.

If you spent 10% of the time coding as you do denigrating other people and talking pure bullshit, you'd have every Atari miracle you always hope someone else will make for you. I'm starting to think you are nothing but a troll.

• Like 6

If you spent 10% of the time coding as you do denigrating other people and talking pure bullshit, you'd have every Atari miracle you always hope someone else will make for you. I'm starting to think you are nothing but a troll.

If you start to read my posts, you may eventually get the point.

"Denigrating" is a nice word. The other one is "Bullshit" ;)

People who use hardware extensions like a VBXE , do nothing else than "denigrating" the stock machine.

Here in Germany , people tend to use the word "Bullshit" , if they don't know a thing. It's that type of knowledge from a little kid which don't believe that a hot plate can hurt ...

You only see, what you want. Which is not my fault.

If a Demo is great , you never read a bad word from my side. And, if you don't allow other's opinions, it's also not my fault.

If someone claims "new software for the Atari" and it doesn't run on the Atari, it is not for the Atari. Simple as is...

he cant spent time on coding, because he know nothing about it. he is just persistent wanna be coder, that want to teach the real ones (especially coders like Heaven). its actually growing in me as pretty fun stuff to read. *popcorn*

blurp!

• Like 6

[...]It presents the SimAntic tool I'm working on. One of the effects from the intro (the sea surface) was coded using that tool. You can dig almost exact assembler code for that effect by downloading the tool and playing with it :) Its in FxVoxels.java file :).

Very impressive work! :thumbsup:

Emkay, you are manoeuvring yourself in to a box called "Put up or shut Up"....Soon you will be in it....Its a lonely box especially if you have no key for the exit...

It's vice versa. For "them special people" I am in a Box without that key. That's why it doesn't help to argue with them.

But, luckily there are really capable and nice people doing stuff for the Atari.

Emkay,

VBXE denigriert die Lagermaschine nicht, sie verbessert sie. Ich glaube, Sie sind verunglimpft und müssen verbessert werden.

Nice Joke.

But it's a logical thing: You don't get what you want from something, so you want to change it. But it is only needed to change something that isn't good enough for you.