IGNORED

White Cartridge Trays For Intellivision Games

Awesome! Thanks for pointing them out to me. I purchased the four they had so that I can marry them up with the boxes. I also bought a CIB copy of Venture for ColecoVision while I was on the site. Been looking for one since it was a game from my youth. Bookmarked 'em for future shopping. Their site is well-organized and has actual pics of their stuff. They seem really squared away, and it must be nice to have them nearby!

Again, thanks for the heads-up. Still looking for about 10 more trays if anyone knows where to find them.

Thanks!
Blaine

• 2 weeks later...

I also have been annoyed by having games with tray holders and no tray. This thread prompted me to contact my brother-in-law, who works at a place that could make some, and basically, you need to make an awful lot to get to a place where you can sell them at a reasonable price, and then you have to sell them all. $3500 to make the mold, basically. Then the first 500 cost just over $1000, which is the minimum run. The costs will go way down after that, but you would probably have to make 4000 just to be able to sell them for $2 each, and I doubt you could sell that enough to break even at that price.

Is he talking about plastic injection molds or vacuum molds? Vacuum molds should be cheaper and I suspect that is what Mattel used.

I would have to check. I thought they did vacuum molds when he was on his own, but I am not sure what this company does. Mattel used the same mold for millions of units so the mold price would disappear.