IGNORED

Pitfall II - The Lost Caverns

classicgamer74

In this episode Al and I discuss PItfall II - The Lost Caverns. I remember when I first played all those years ago I was totally blown away. I couldn't believe this was a 2600 game! I've never seen a 2600 game like it before or since. I guess that David Crane knew he had to step it up since Pitfall! was such an intense game. And like always, he didn't disappoint.

I play it all the way through from beginning to end, but I'm demonstrating how to beat it as quickly as possible. So, we do tend to miss a lot of gold bars. I honestly have to say that this game took me the longest to finally beat it back in the day. Learning how to duck under the birds and bats...wow!

I hope you guys enjoy it. Please don't forget to Like and Subscribe if you haven't already. Thank you.

• Like 1

I was never a huge fan of Pitfall! I always thought it felt unfinished. Pitfall II on the other hand was a breath of fresh air, and was miles better than Pitfall! The only thing missing were vines to swing on.

I couldn't agree with you more. I meant the second half of your statement. It really pushed the boundaries of what the 2600 could handle. But it was David Crane, so we shouldn't be surprised. He could probably figure out how to squeeze a PS4 game into an Atari cartridge.

I was never a huge fan of Pitfall! I always thought it felt unfinished. Pitfall II on the other hand was a breath of fresh air, and was miles better than Pitfall! The only thing missing were vines to swing on.

I loved Pitfall!, but was awful at it--and I mean awful. Not sure why but it always gave me the warm fuzzies. P2 was fantastic and I'm pretty sure I finished the whole game.