IGNORED

Intellivoice Game Phrase List?

First Spear

On 11/18/2021 at 5:38 AM, intvdave said:

Sorry to France but the sound samples are messed up. I am not going to spend any more time trying to get it to work. At least the German and Italian work fairly well.

very cool!

a short transcription what to hear:

Spartaner aus dem All (Space Spartans)

Hallo Kommandant, ihr Computer ist bereit (Hello commander, computer reporting)

Hyperantrieb aus (Hyperdrive off)

Sternenbasis zwei unter Beschuss (Star base 2 under attack)

Sternenbasis drei unter Beschuss (Star base 3 under attack)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It works really well.  Don't speak Italian but I think everything is working except the numbers, which, I think, would be on the Intellivoice rom.  You don't really need to know the number of aliens but you do need to know your energy level to play this game properly.

edit:

And I notice the rom file is in cc3 format.  If you make the rom in intellicart format rather than cc3 format it will work with more emulators.

Edited by mr_me

18 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

well, I don't seem to have the Italian res rom tapes (maybe any of the Italian tapes). But here is one that says it is German Res Rom. I haven't taken the time to study it, but it should be there. 

Z23 - German Final Space Spartans & Res Rom.wav 92.06 MB · 4 downloads

Interesting to listen to. 3 different people doing phrases for the game. The first one probably for the Intellivoice ROM because he does all the numbers and the German "Mattel Electronics presents".

All three are also doing some phonetic sounds which were probably used for reference.  

Edited by Intymike

20 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

well, I don't seem to have the Italian res rom tapes (maybe any of the Italian tapes). But here is one that says it is German Res Rom. I haven't taken the time to study it, but it should be there.

Thank you for sharing! It is cool to hear the original voices.

For the international versions, it was documented that you fixed a couple of bugs from the original game. Do you have it documented what you changed?

i hacked the original English version with a german phrase and it works fine but when I use the original code in the international versions, it does not work. Do you recall or have documented how/why the initialization of the Intellivoice is different?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Intymike said:

definitely :)

you might get a kick out of this version. I tried to do this with the french phrase also but the encoding of them must be wrong.

spartans.rom

I was looking to see if I could get the voice working for the numbers. I know I can get the english numbers working but it would be to much work for something I already feel accomplished with. At least we can now hear the German and Italian games.

What might be funny would be to mix the english, german, and italian phrases together in one game :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, intvdave said:

For the international versions, it was documented that you fixed a couple of bugs from the original game. Do you have it documented what you changed?

i hacked the original English version with a german phrase and it works fine but when I use the original code in the international versions, it does not work. Do you recall or have documented how/why the initialization of the Intellivoice is different?

The main work was to fix the syntax of the numbers (five and twenty instead of twenty-five, for example).  I am sure that I at least considered fixing the bug that allows you to move the alien bases in the final round (off by one bug), and if I fixed anything, that would have been the one.

As for the Intellivoice initialization, it certainly is different when you are dealing with an Intellivoice that has three different languages. You have to pick which bay of the unit to use for ResRom. But I don't remember if I even am the one that made those changes. I would think you could see the changes in the code.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

As for the Intellivoice initialization, it certainly is different when you are dealing with an Intellivoice that has three different languages. You have to pick which bay of the unit to use for ResRom. But I don't remember if I even am the one that made those changes. I would think you could see the changes in the code.

That explains what I am seeing!! Thank you! To bad we do not have the ResRom but at least we can hear all the other voices in the games.

Do you recall if the French version worked? I see that 5 phrases sound correctly, 2 kind of work, and 13 of them produce static. My guess is it never worked or the ITV file you provided was not dumped properly. Is there a chance you could try dumping it again if it was known to work?

• 4 weeks later...

I went through World Series Baseball. Below are all the phrases.

GOT 'EM
PLATE
THROWS TO
HE'S
HEADING FOR
FIRST
SECOND
THIRD
THE PLATE
HE
SAFE
AT
AT (used prior to a base-FIRST)
THROUGH THE INFIELD
IT'S A
FLY
LONG
LINE DRIVE
CHOPPER
HARD
GROUNDER
GOING
GONE
MAKES THE
CATCH
FOUR (used after BALL)
FOUL
PLAY
BALL
DOUBLE
STRIKE
NOBODY
ON
OUT
ONE
TWO
BASES LOADED
THE WORLD SERIES

• Like 3

Here are the Magic Carousel phrases:

HURRY
STEP RIGHT UP
UNICORN
SWAN
LION
CAMEL
DEER
GIRAFFE
KANGAROO
TIGER
GO
FOR
THE
FIND
GET
CLOSER
TO
HERE
COMES
WAIT
ALMOST
CLOSE
RIGHT
A
LITTLE
MORE
TO FAR
TILL IT
BACK
STOP IT IN THE MIDDLE
ANSWER
HELLO
GOOD
GREAT
NOW
SOUND - BOING
SOUND - SLURPING #0
SOUND - SLURPING #1
SOUND - SLURPING #2
SOUND - HONKING
PLAY
LETS
CAROUSEL
HONK
HORN
DRINK
PICTURE
MILK
PIANO
PHONE
PRESS
CAMERA
JACK
TAKE
TIMES
BLOW UP
BALLOONS
NOT THAT

• Like 2

Space Shuttle phrases (I loved hearing the original voices and the ones in the game at the same time!)

MINUS
SHUTTLE
THIS IS CONTROL
WE HAVE
IGNITION
LIFT OFF
BRING IT HOME
GOOD JOB
EMERGENCY RE-ENTRY
OVER
REPEAT
SOUND - BEEP
GEAR
NOSE
UP
DOWN
DEPLOY
RECOVER
SATELLITE
APPROACHING
MISSION POINT
TEST
RE-ENTRY WINDOW
SATELLITE IN VIEW
INCREASE
DEEP
DECRESE.. (used with ALTITUDE?)
ALTITUDE
READY TO CHANGE THE ORBIT
MISSION COMPLETE
WARNING
ORBIT DECAY
SPACE DEBRIS
FUEL
T
LOW
CRITICAL
ALL SYSTEMS GO
DAMAGE
MODERATE
SOUND - ENGINE ROAR
ROGER, OUT

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Rev said:

http://intellivisionrevolution.com/intellivoice-database

Started an Intellivoice phrase database. Is anyone able to get the phrase list for the international voices? I have german.

Great idea! I am almost done with Quest. It has a bunch of voices that are not encoded in the game. Very cool. I will post them on my site along with everything else I have documented. Most of this stuff is already there but could use some updating.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2021 at 3:02 PM, intvdave said:

With the proper title screen.

quest.rom 49.57 kB · 4 downloads

For those of us not familiar with this game, is this an update of the "unfinished" Quest that was at one time available at http://www.intellivision.us ?

It clearly uses Intellivoice.  Does it need ECS as well?

Is it mostly functional, or still just a work in progress?

Looks like it uses the maze layout of Treasure of Tarmin.

Are there any instructions?

BTW, thanks for all the ongoing game updates!

• Like 1

Once upon a time Tower of Mystery was supposed to be a "voice-optional" game. I remember attending a recording session where a voice actor recorded the phrases that were to be included in the game. However, that never got incorporated into the game before ME folded, and it certainly was not added when Tower of Doom was released by Intv.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 12/30/2021 at 11:03 AM, intvdave said:

Great idea! I am almost done with Quest. It has a bunch of voices that are not encoded in the game. Very cool. I will post them on my site along with everything else I have documented. Most of this stuff is already there but could use some updating.

Did you make any further progress with documenting the Quest voices? This game seems to have a ton of potential, really sad it didn’t make it to a more playable state.

Has anyone been able to determine the differences between the various name options (other than beginning inventory for two)?