IGNORED

To my Polish Friends... congratz 100th Independence day!

_The Doctor__

Independence day is on Sunday, the 11th of November this year.

Happy 100th

Congratz, from ours to yours.

Time for celebration!

Hey folks can we get some nice Screens and Possible quick demos going for this wonderful and commemorative day!

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 7

Thank You Sir :)

On a side note, a reflection. I and my wife, we spend few days last weekend in the Owl Mountains and Karkonosze Mountains. This is such an interesting spot close to the 3-borders joint point (between Germany, Czech and Poland). And first - thanks to UE - no actual borders, you barely spot them. And second - it is such a mix that at some point I lost track, whether I'm still in Poland, or already in German, or just entered Czech.

So while 'national' countries obviously have their merits (and yes, it's great to celebrate the independence day), I really don't mind creating much bigger and broader communities like UE :)

• Like 5

Thank You _The Doctor__ :) It's great day to celebrate. However this is a 100th year of renaissance of Poland because we lost independence at 1772 and restore it again at 1918. Poland was founded at 966 by prince Mieszko but his son Boleslaw was the first King of Poland Kingdom at 1025. Now we are Republic :)

Edited by mono
  • Like 4

I was just advised that my earlier post may have upset some people, clearly it was not meant to be anything other than a congratulations and a small joke but it seems some part of it annoyed..

Apologies to those that got annoyed, I'm the last person looking to upset anyone in here but some part of what I said annoyed and that's not what I'm about...I'm normally sensitive to upsetting so I'm still a bit lost as to why it annoyed but so be it..

Politics I presume, I thought we didn't play that game in here..

Paul..

Can we have a list of the top Polish A8 games as ranked by members in celebration of the event?

Well, there are so many Polish games for A8 - original titles and conversions. Everyone who reads this thread could create a different list I suppose ;)

In 2016 Polish "PIXEL" magazine published such Top Ten list of classic Polish Atari 8-bit games (in chronological order):

Robbo (1989)

Kolony (1990)

LaserMania (1990)

AD 2044 (1991)

Fred (1991)

Misja (1991) (also known as Mission Shark)

Hans Kloss (1992)

Klątwa (1992)

Operation Blood (1992)

Miecze Valdgira II (1995)

On that list purposely no later titles were mentioned - on separate "modern top ten" list there were included such games created by Polish teams as: Dyna Blaster, Yoomp!, Hobgoblin, Knight Lore, Assembloids XE.

There was also a separate list of exclusive A8 games, with Polish productions: Crownland, His Dark Majesty and The Great Return of the Penguins.

• Like 2