IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Pre-Order is now live!

Bmack36

Bad news, folks ...

... I hit both Super Potato and that smaller place out towards Ueno on Chuo-dori, and neither of them had any of the NTT controllers in stock (although they had some controllers with additional sliders that I had never seen before). They didn't know when they'd be back in stock.

I'll keep checking every week or so, buy them when they appear, and let you all know when that happens.

Sorry again ...

• Like 5

You might be able to make up an adaptor to plug it into the SNES port. As I recall the NES and SNES have the same connections and you can use one on the other if you change the connector.

But it might only go one way, like SNES controller on NES is fine but not vice versa. Off the top of my head I'm not sure. Not to mention the fact an NES controller lacks enough buttons to play most SNES games even if it does work.

You might be able to make up an adaptor to plug it into the SNES port. As I recall the NES and SNES have the same connections and you can use one on the other if you change the connector.

But it might only go one way, like SNES controller on NES is fine but not vice versa. Off the top of my head I'm not sure. Not to mention the fact an NES controller lacks enough buttons to play most SNES games even if it does work.

I'm confused. I thought the SNES controller works fine with the Pheonix by using the shoulder buttons in combination with the xyba buttons.

Edit:

AHH, NES .. nevermind :)

The NES controller uses a shift register to clock in the signals. The SNES controller uses 2 of the same shift registers, because it has twice as many buttons. You will need an adapter because the NES and SNES have different controller plugs, but there is no reason a very simple program can't be written for the console to read a NES controller through the SNES port. All you would need is the adapter so the controller plug fits, and the simple program.

• 2 weeks later...

I have sent a few questions by email using the link on the Collectorvision site, but have not received any response. Basically, I pre-ordered and paid for the system with the Sydney Hunter cart, but I meant to order the boxed version and would like to upgrade. How can I get in contact with someone to change my order? Thanks!

I have sent a few questions by email using the link on the Collectorvision site, but have not received any response. Basically, I pre-ordered and paid for the system with the Sydney Hunter cart, but I meant to order the boxed version and would like to upgrade. How can I get in contact with someone to change my order? Thanks!

Sorry about that. Just send me an email at brian@collectorvision.com with your info and we will get that straightened out for you.

• Like 1

So I went to a retro store looking for a SNES datapad controller, which they didn't have, but saw this pictured below. Will this Amiga Powerstick work on the Phoenix? The local game store has one but I didn't grab it because I wasn't sure if it was for Intellivision or Colecovision (and the girl didn't know) so I left it. Well the pic below is from Colecovisionzone.com so I'm assuming it is for the CV. I forget the price but is it worth grabbing? I think it was under $30 bucks Canadian IIRC.

colecovision%20controller%20amiga%20angl

So I went to a retro store looking for a SNES datapad controller, which they didn't have, but saw this pictured below. Will this Amiga Powerstick work on the Phoenix? The local game store has one but I didn't grab it because I wasn't sure if it was for Intellivision or Colecovision (and the girl didn't know) so I left it. Well the pic below is from Colecovisionzone.com so I'm assuming it is for the CV. I forget the price but is it worth grabbing? I think it was under $30 bucks Canadian IIRC.

For what it's worth, I found the controller dreadful. I never did like the Power Stick joystick or buttons. Stiff and painful.

Also, be aware that the numpads and upper fire buttons on these tend to fail with age. I had two, both of which became mostly non-functional.

Edited by Ikrananka