IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Pre-Order is now live!

Bmack36

On 7/25/2019 at 5:51 PM, retroillucid said:

Then just wait till it's available?

It's not a small project to say the least, good things take time to make

are you telling me making a  specialized piece of niche hardware by a small operation is going to be shipping a few months late, in no small part due to delivery logistics from their suppliers?  The horror... the horror

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, masschamber said:

are you telling me making a  specialized piece of niche hardware by a small operation is going to be shipping a few months late, in no small part due to delivery logistics from their suppliers?  The horror... the horror

All the hardware is done, everything is fully assembled 
In fact, the ONLY thing left is tweaking the Firmware

In fact, we could've shipped weeks ago but we prefer to ship a fully working & stable firmware
I've been told in should be all completed in only few days, wich mean we would start shipping over the next weeks

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

In fact, we could've shipped weeks ago but we prefer to ship a fully working & stable firmware
I've been told in should be all completed in only few days, wich mean we would start shipping over the next weeks

I was just joking around, hence the horror part of it. frankly everything seemed to come together nicely

• Like 1

When you say everything is fully assembled....is this just the early access machines or does that include the regular units as well?

1 hour ago, retroillucid said:

Just now, jblenkle said:

When you say everything is fully assembled....is this just the early access machines or does that include the regular units as well?

Just early access. We have the parts for the regular units, but they are not assembled or programmed yet.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, retroillucid said:

I was logging on to ask for a status, good timing.  Likely we won't see these before your big show after all but c'est la vie, seems near and that is what counts.  I would have recommended not saying "a few weeks" to temper expectations; what if those firmware bugs aren't sorted out by then?, mass hysteria may prevail here! LOL 

7 minutes ago, Loafer said:

I was logging on to ask for a status, good timing.  Likely we won't see these before your big show after all but c'est la vie, seems near and that is what counts.  I would have recommended not saying "a few weeks" to temper expectations; what if those firmware bugs aren't sorted out by then?, mass hysteria may prevail here! LOL 

Given that six months behind schedule is about four years ahead of schedule compared to other homebrew hardware of this magnitude, I wouldn't expect pitchforks and torches for a few more months at least. I, for one, am ecstatic that the firmware is not coming to us in the too-common "make the deadline" state that will end up requiring half a dozen firmware upgrades over the following year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Swami said:

Given that six months behind schedule is about four years ahead of schedule compared to other homebrew hardware of this magnitude, I wouldn't expect pitchforks and torches for a few more months at least. I, for one, am ecstatic that the firmware is not coming to us in the too-common "make the deadline" state that will end up requiring half a dozen firmware upgrades over the following year.

Although I think the "few weeks" message is overused, simply put releasing hardware is not an easy task and I have zero issues even if its delayed again and I do think when it has been said, it's because that's what the belief was at the time.  People just need to understand to do it right takes time and I applaud the devs with their firmware decision on waiting for the bug fixes.  

I do think the devs here do need to be careful.  Not for the delay but for the timeframes between the early access and the normal release.  There's a reason why people put an extra 100 bones for the privilege of early access, so just hope that isn't forgotten because I certainly would complain "a tad" LOL.

5 minutes ago, Loafer said:

Not for the delay but for the timeframes between the early access and the normal release.  There's a reason why people put an extra 100 bones for the privilege of early access, so just hope that isn't forgotten because I certainly would complain "a tad" LOL.

Indeed, we're certainly taking this into consideration 

3 minutes ago, doug0909 said:

Will you be sending out emails to confirm mailing addresses? 

Early access emails confirmations have already gone out. We will be sending out mailing address confirmations for standard systems closer to the ship date.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Loafer said:

Although I think the "few weeks" message is overused, simply put releasing hardware is not an easy task and I have zero issues even if its delayed again and I do think when it has been said, it's because that's what the belief was at the time.  People just need to understand to do it right takes time and I applaud the devs with their firmware decision on waiting for the bug fixes.  

I do think the devs here do need to be careful.  Not for the delay but for the timeframes between the early access and the normal release.  There's a reason why people put an extra 100 bones for the privilege of early access, so just hope that isn't forgotten because I certainly would complain "a tad" LOL.

Over-optimism has become pretty much par for the course. I don't know why. Just look at the title of the main XM hardware thread and most of it's updates in the 7800 section, LOL!

(For  a bigger OMG, check the last post of the first page of that XM thread)

• Haha 1

I ordered a long time ago.   No emails giving me updates.   I had to email them...some guy named Toby.  He said "will be shipping in a few weeks"...course he said that on two different emails and that was a couple months ago.   I hope this in not a scam. 

Has anyone actually received a working unit yet???

40 minutes ago, jhammond said:

I ordered a long time ago.   No emails giving me updates.   I had to email them...some guy named Toby.  He said "will be shipping in a few weeks"...course he said that on two different emails and that was a couple months ago.   I hope this in not a scam. 

Has anyone actually received a working unit yet???

Hi,

We sent an email on June 14 to confirm shipping and options. We never got a response to that email. I'll send you a DM for more info.

Thanks,

Brian

15 hours ago, Swami said:

Over-optimism has become pretty much par for the course. I don't know why. Just look at the title of the main XM hardware thread and most of it's updates in the 7800 section, LOL!

(For  a bigger OMG, check the last post of the first page of that XM thread)

So I glanced through that thread and “Jesus Christ” in French is all I can muster lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bmack36 said:

Hi,

We sent an email on June 14 to confirm shipping and options. We never got a response to that email. I'll send you a DM for more info.

Thanks,

Brian

Are we supposed to be getting communication?  I ordered from the CollectorVision website on Nov 12 and have never gotten any email.  I've just been checking this thread.

• Like 1