IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Pre-Order is now live!

Bmack36

This has been a good phoenix related week:

- got Oscar's Colecovision book in.  Quite excellent to read up on those classic games again and the book itself is printed at a pretty high quality!

- Got PBoland's controller overlay repros.  Man, talk about quality work!

Never two without three.  Ugh I hate that old saying for personal reasons but that is surely a sign that in the next couple of weeks, I think we will see the magic post that will say "shipping has started!"

• Like 1

Latest news

We start shipping Early Access this week!

We're going to be at the Game on Expo in Phoenix, Arizona from Thursday-Monday  
So we are not going to be able to ship during those days, we'll resume shipping once we're back in Montreal

Thanks everyone for your precious support, the Phoenix became a reality only because all of you
So thank you very much!!

''Your vision is our vision''

Phoenix ADAM.jpg

Phoenix CV.jpg

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Latest news

We start shipping Early Access this week!

We're going to be at the Game on Expo in Phoenix, Arizona from Thursday-Monday  
So we are not going to be able to ship during those days, we'll resume shipping once we're back in Montreal

Thanks everyone for your precious support, the Phoenix became a reality only because all of you
So thank you very much!!

''Your vision is our vision''

Phoenix ADAM.jpg

Phoenix CV.jpg

Wow! Don’t know how you finished this and still prepared for the expo. 

Too cool! and I guess this confirms the last little firmware issues are resolved!  oh how I wish you guys had a physical store front so the locals could pick it up instead!

the good news is it’s coming in the next few weeks so it really is sooner rather than later now!

good luck with the show can’t wait to hear comments from the show floor!

On 8/5/2019 at 4:23 PM, retroillucid said:

For those who are going to be at the official launch party (next friday in Phoenix, AZ) 
A former Colecovision employee is going to be there
He worked on games like Spy Hunter among other ones

Rad!

2 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

No, at least, not that I'm aware of... 

But, I told the guys the next core I would like to be added is Intellivision 

WOO-FREAKING-HOO! ??I hope we can get a cart adapter for that one as well. 

• Like 2

I am really Happy about this!  And it's at least a little bit odd as I'm not an Early Bird.   To me $100 is a LOT of $$$$.   Strangely, at this point in my life,...I had to Save and Save just to get the regular one ;)  I have all these important bills and crazy other expenses going on in my life,...And Well,  This is the FUN one!   Every once in a while I even feel stoked, just like I did back in AUG. of '82 when I ordered my Original ColecoVision!

Keep up the Good Work!!

AtGames' Intellivision Flashback controllers use DB9 connectors. Is there any chance that they could work on the CollectorVision Phoenix, in conjunction with an Inty core? That alone would be a good reason to track down an Inty Flashback on eBay, given that these controllers are brand new compared to the aging controllers of the original Inty.  ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

AtGames' Intellivision Flashback controllers use DB9 connectors. Is there any chance that they could work on the CollectorVision Phoenix, in conjunction with an Inty core? That alone would be a good reason to track down an Inty Flashback on eBay, given that these controllers are brand new compared to the aging controllers of the original Inty.  ;)

The original INTY's are reason enough, I'm afraid. New INTY flashbacks are really rare. There is only one new one on eBay now and it is $199 opening bid.

...and here's amazon's: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00QSFGOF6

• Sad 1

I'm really intrigued by this console, i've got a ColecoVision that i've just managed to get working but i've also got an Intellivision and a 2600, but I must admit they do take up a lot of room, a console like this could be just what i'm looking for ;-)

I can see it plays original CV games, but how does it play 2600 games though? Would my module 1 have to be plugged into it? 

Any help will be appreciated making my mind up ;)

17 minutes ago, adam1977 said:

I'm really intrigued by this console, i've got a ColecoVision that i've just managed to get working but i've also got an Intellivision and a 2600, but I must admit they do take up a lot of room, a console like this could be just what i'm looking for ;-)

I can see it plays original CV games, but how does it play 2600 games though? Would my module 1 have to be plugged into it? 

Any help will be appreciated making my mind up ;)

You can play 2600 roms off the SD card (inlcuded) 
We're planning a cartridge adapter as well 

We did a live stream of the 2600 on our facebook last weekend

• Like 2