IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Pre-Order is now live!

Bmack36

Great news about the intellivision. It's a system with some great games. Would we need original controllers or would a snes or cv controller work fine? 

Personally I'm really hoping for a 7800 core. With 2600 and intellivision cores already, it would make the Phoenix the ultimate 80s fpga  console 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Sound in pitfall is a known issue with the open source atari 2600 core.  https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Atari2600_MiSTer/issues/1

Pitfall II sounds seem to work.

Great ?I seem to have no luck with the sound on Pitfall.  My Jr has an annoying sizzle sound when playing Pitfall so I was looking forward to completing Pitfall on my Phoenix.  I don't know what's worse.  An unwanted sizzle or missing sfx on an already minimalist sfx game.  I guess I'll have to wait for the cart adapter.

All right...I got sucked into the hype! Just ordered the ADAM version.  It's a great looking system and I can only begin to imagine all of the time and work that has gone into this project.  Now I'll need to make myself a special controller for this.  I currently own and have setup and running a retroUSB AVS, and Analogue's Super NT and Mega SG, among a few other commercial consoles, and these high quality FPGA systems are simply amazing, and really make a huge difference with the video display on modern HDTVs.  Great work, and I'm really looking forward to my new console.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, doubledown said:

All right...I got sucked into the hype! Just ordered the ADAM version.  It's a great looking system and I can only begin to imagine all of the time and work that has gone into this project.  Now I'll need to make myself a special controller for this.  I currently own and have setup and running a retroUSB AVS, and Analogue's Super NT and Mega SG, among a few other commercial consoles, and these high quality FPGA systems are simply amazing, and really make a huge difference with the video display on modern HDTVs.  Great work, and I'm really looking forward to my new console.  

Dibs on any Phoenix themed controller you do please :)

• Like 2

wow, early access shipping is wild, less than a quarter late than your kickstarter estimate, that is fantastic by software standards, but crazy by hardware standards....

anyone else find it annoying that trash kickstarters got funding while this one that actually delivered basically on time didn't?

• Like 1

I think every news update is superbly exciting, these are grand times.  I'm not sure what wave I'm in so it will arrive when it does but really looking forward to reading people's comments from those who've received theirs, their thoughts on it, pics (even unboxing videos lol), etc.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Swami said:

The original INTY's are reason enough, I'm afraid. New INTY flashbacks are really rare. There is only one new one on eBay now and it is $199 opening bid.

...and here's amazon's: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00QSFGOF6

Yeah, except the original Inty didn't have detachable controllers. I believe only the Inty II had detachable controllers. I may be mistaken...

5 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

Yeah, except the original Inty didn't have detachable controllers. I believe only the Inty II had detachable controllers. I may be mistaken...

Super Video Arcade version has detachable controllers.

48382719_767931393555363_3761757375468404736_o.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

Super Video Arcade version has detachable controllers.

48382719_767931393555363_3761757375468404736_o.jpg

Yes, and they're the best detachable controllers available since they're based on the original Intellivision controller design. The Intellivision II controllers are terrible, especially the action buttons. The AtGames Intellivision Flashback controllers are also good, but the pin-out is a bit different.

You know the Inty controller's disc has 16 directions, right? It could be worth it to have a self-centering analog thumbstick. Then you'd have everything you need for an Atari 5200 core, in addition for 16-direction support for the Inty core.

Just sayin'.  :)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, digress said:

I think pitfall II had additional ram & something else on the cartridge that raised it's abiility above a regular atari for better music and a bigger game. that might not be supported by atari emulation usually. 

The Atari 2600 Pitfall II cartridge does have a custom chip.  The open-source fpga plays pitfall ii fine.  With a cartridge port it uses the custom chip on the cartridge without the cartridge it emulates the custom chip in fpga.  There's nothing special about the pifall cartridge, it doesn't even have bankswitching.

1 hour ago, Pixelboy said:

Original intellivision controllers are detachable once you unscrew the top cover.  Connectors aren't DE9 however.

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Yes, and they're the best detachable controllers available since they're based on the original Intellivision controller design. The Intellivision II controllers are terrible, especially the action buttons. The AtGames Intellivision Flashback controllers are also good, but the pin-out is a bit different.

Yes, all intellivision controllers including the flashbacks are compatible with each other.  Only passive adapters are needed to work with different system models.  The sears and intellivision ii DE9 pinouts are the same.

An fpga intellivision can support flashback controllers internally.  If only sears/II intellivision controllers are supported, only a simple external adapter would be needed to use flashback controllers.

Edited by mr_me