IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Pre-Order is now live!

Bmack36

4 minutes ago, funcool said:

Does the Roller Controller and Expansion Module 2 (Steering Wheel) work on the Phoenix?

Thanks

Yes they do, unlike all the other FPGAs and flashbacks. You just need to plug in the roller controller power in separately with a standard power brick or the new ColUSB power supply. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bmack36 said:

I think it is 2GB, but you can always swap out the micro SD card if you want more.

Considering we are talking about roms that are super small, I think we should be good for space for a while, even with new cores added  :)

The Phoenix has risen! Look at the surprise package that arrived for me to today. I've had problems with it working on my TV hence the 7" screen but it worked fine on some other devices so I expect it's my TV being finicky. It's pretty darn cool I'm super happy with it.

IMG_4542.jpeg

• Like 7

I finally got my Collectorvision Pheonix today...it works PERFECT !!!  I played my favorite game of all time, TUTANKHAM, and everything played awesome.  Also, I played Frogger, Burgertime, and Jumpman Jr. ….again everything played perfect.  I believe I've made the best investment in a video gaming console ever...thank you folks at Collectorvision!!! I long time waiting was well worth it :)

• Like 3

Awesome news to see so many getting their Phoenix!  Keep posting impressions, pics and videos friends!

Naysayers be gone, it’s real!  :)

today I’m reminded once again why I jumped into the Phoenix bandwagon :  my existing colecovision’s are both problematic, couldn’t even boot up some of the games . Of course they are repairable and will be however I’m ready for a hassle free solution lol

8 hours ago, Loafer said:

Looks cool! 

What type of issue are you having with it?

No video on my Samsung 4K TV. It works fine on my 7” and a 27” HP monitor. Haven’t troubleshot beyond that as I’ve been busy adding WiFi to a Mac SE/30. 

4 hours ago, AtariBrian said:

Can anyone who now has this console in hand confirm or not the "possible" sound issues on a couple of sgm games that pixelboy mentioned on another thread?

Do you know specifically which games? I can test them out if you give me a list. 

1 hour ago, AltRN8 said:

No video on my Samsung 4K TV. It works fine on my 7” and a 27” HP monitor. Haven’t troubleshot beyond that as I’ve been busy adding WiFi to a Mac SE/30. 

What happens if you lower the resolution and/or screen settings on the 4K?

2 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

Mecha-8 and Children of the Night.

I don't have Children of the Night but Mecha 8 didn't sound exactly like the video. Unfortunately I don't have experience with it on real hardware to compare so I don't think I can be that helpful after all.

While excited by this system and liking most of what I've seen (And very much wanting to order one), I'm disappointed by 480p.

While I haven't tried to fine tune my tv settings since there's no point at this time, I have tested 480p over HDMI to my television on both the Super NT and Xbox 360 to get an idea of how this system and the CARBY HDMI dongle for the GameCube might look for me with their 480p HDMI signals. The results were less than spectacular with the worst offender being the colors. Whites for instance that look perfect at 720p or 1080p suddenly look like they've been yellowed from sunlight when enabling 480p. 

I'm hopeful I can improve appearances by changing picture settings (Especially since composite SD sources look surprisingly good on this television, which doesn't make sense if it can't also handle 480p reasonably well). But 720p would be so much more preferable than a tv standard from 20 years ago.

Edited by Atariboy

if you think there won't be a few small bugs that would be silly. the new updated cores will be downloadable and you can install that your self from the sd card.

girl's garden uses a ultra low res 64x48 mode for cuts scenes. maybe that was the cause. 

just perhaps a bug reporting thread and anything like that can be corrected for the next core update.

4 hours ago, digress said:

if you think there won't be a few small bugs that would be silly. the new updated cores will be downloadable and you can install that your self from the sd card.

girl's garden uses a ultra low res 64x48 mode for cuts scenes. maybe that was the cause. 

just perhaps a bug reporting thread and anything like that can be corrected for the next core update.

I was only mention it being an issue just to share wasn't meant as a complaint. I am more than happy with the Phoenix. I spent the morning going through games testing as much as I could out and that was the only glitch. Sorry if my comment came across as snarky.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Atariboy said:

While excited by this system and liking most of what I've seen (And very much wanting to order one), I'm disappointed by 480p.

The Phoenix doesn't look any different than an original stock ColecoVision with an F18A installed, (actually it looks better), which I don't recall many people ever complaining about. I have used my Phoenix on a 4K TV, 1080p HD TV, and a CRT via a converter and it looks just fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TPR said:

The Phoenix doesn't look any different than an original stock ColecoVision with an F18A installed, (actually it looks better), which I don't recall many people ever complaining about. I have used my Phoenix on a 4K TV, 1080p HD TV, and a CRT via a converter and it looks just fine.

I'm sure it's fine for most people. Most HDTV's seem to handle 480p reasonably well.

Unfortunately though, mine seems to do a bit of a lackluster job by default. But there's some hope there since I had the Super NT up and running earlier this afternoon set at 480p to fiddle around with some more. In just a few minutes of experimenting, the picture was looking much better. 

Edited by Atariboy