IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Pre-Order is now live!

Bmack36

The injection mold for the CollectorVision Phoenix has now been ordered!

One step closer!

Pardon my asking but the 4th image looks more of a 3D render than the rest, the flat DB9 joystick ports and PS/2 keyboard connector.

I mean this one here:

post-11933-0-60174800-1545250146.png

Are we looking at 3D renders (however close to the final product they might be) or the 4th pic has an optical illusion and we are indeed looking at an injection mold prototype/preprod specimen?

EDIT: I believe the background of any and all of them points to 3D renders, just asking.

Pardon my asking but the 4th image looks more of a 3D render than the rest, the flat DB9 joystick ports and PS/2 keyboard connector.

I mean this one here:

post-11933-0-60174800-1545250146.png

Are we looking at 3D renders (however close to the final product they might be) or the 4th pic has an optical illusion and we are indeed looking at an injection mold prototype/preprod specimen?

EDIT: I believe the background of any and all of them points to 3D renders, just asking.

Yes these are renders of the case using the final models sent for injection molding. We should have first shots sometime in mid to late to late January.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I would like to have your opinion on the compatibility of the machine with the French standards of television and with the voltage 220 volt in France?

Thank you very much for the answer

Compatibility:

– Compatible with ALL ColecoVision™ game cartridges!

– 100% Accurate!

– Region Free!

– Worldwide Compatibility [PSU: 100-240v, 50-60hz]

Don't underestimate the power of the Phoenix!

Here's what the Phoenix can do (see attached pic)
Look at the normal Colecovision version of Mario compared to what could be done on the Phoenix
That's right! Perfect arcade ports are now possible to do!
We're definitely going to release exclusive titles for the Phoenix (and F18A users)
The best is yet to come!

post-11933-0-66195400-1547351875_thumb.png

post-11933-0-04390400-1547351886.png

• Like 5

It looks like it could easily compete with the Omni / SGM2 in term of capacity . :) :thumbsup:

The characteristic you put for the Phoenix, are the one coming directly from the F18A? Or it is something additional?

Does a ColecoVision + F18A can display 256x240 ?

Not 100% sure, but I believe it offers those kind of extra resolutions, in addition to a wide color palette to choose from. I've seen some homebrewers like digress display NES-style sprites with the F18A, but I don't know if they're 3-color sprites or just overlapped 1-color sprites.

It looks like it could easly compete with the Omni / SGM2 in term of capacity . :) :thumbsup:

The caracteristic you put for the Phoenix, are the one coming directly from the F18A? Or it is something additional?

Does a colecovision + F18A can display 256x240 ?

Yes, definitely!

Yes, it's coming from F18A

Yes, it can display 256x240

• Like 1

Not 100% sure, but I believe it offers those kind of extra resolutions, in addition to a wide color palette to choose from. I've seen some homebrewers like digress display NES-style sprites with the F18A, but I don't know if they're 3-color sprites or just overlapped 1-color sprites.

4096 colors with a maximum of 64 colors on-screens (although there's a way to have way more, thansk to Tursi)

You can have more than 1 color sprites (not overlapped)

You can even do parallax scrolling!

Like I said, don't underestimate the power of the Phoenix! :)

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1

It would be great having you on board GL :)

Thanks AtariLeaf!

It'll be my honor!!

This console is right up my alley, but a whole bunch of little, and well big things in life are vying for my attention and money right now. Once I've got some things sorted out I'll definitely be placing a pre-order. I'm thinking Black system, boxed copy of the game...

And no controller needed as I have this (my concept, Edladdin's knowhow) :-D

elejyc.jpg

• Like 2

It looks like it could easly compete with the Omni / SGM2 in term of capacity . :) :thumbsup:

The caracteristic you put for the Phoenix, are the one coming directly from the F18A? Or it is something additional?

Does a colecovision + F18A can display 256x240 ?

The Phoenix is using the F18A core for the VDP.

Yes, the CV+F18A can display 256x240, or basically 32x30 tiles.

The F18A allows more colors per pixel (2, 4, or 8) for tiles and sprites from a palette of 4069 (12-bit) colors, among many other enhancements like horizontal and vertical hardware scrolling, two tile layers, independent tile horizontal/vertical flip, sprite priority, and palette select, 32-sprites per scan line, etc. There are 64 12-bit palette registers, so without scan line or GPU tricks you can get 64 simultaneous on-screen colors from the 4096 possible.

You should check out the js99er (http://js99er.net/) emulator for a quick way to see a lot of F18A-specific demos that show some of the enhanced capabilities.

• Like 5