IGNORED

Season 8 ~ Week 6 ~ Mouse Trap

Vocelli

Man, Mousetrap is tricky. Sometimes I wonder if I'd be better off practicing up on other difficulty levels first, or if that would just teach me bad habits. Probably the latter, really, since I revisited Demon Attack this week and I can't play on the slow default mode anymore at all.

I have never found that practicing on easier variations helps (practicing on harder ones can, but I think this is as hard as this Mouse Trap gets). Most of the time it's best to just dive into the difficulty level at hand.

I'm not sure if I'm the best one to offer advice, but here's a few things I've learned. Something I always do is immediately change the maze to its "open" position, then I rush up to the upper-right hand area and clear that area. Your best bet here is to try to capture the cat that comes from the left in the middle box and keep it there as long as you can. Another general piece of advice is to save as many bones as possible until the end of the level so you can easily clear out any remaining cheese. This is especially important if you still have both cheese and cats caught in the middle box. Learn how to manipulate the maze in your favour so you don't have to use as many bones. And like someone said earlier, the cats aren't worth that many points so you're better off using the bones to get them out of the way so you can clear cheese out of difficult areas.

It's only a single point but for Defender I tied for last place but 2 others with the same score got 2 points and I only got 1. Seems everyone with the same score should get the same points.

Or was I assessed a 1 point penalty for disliking Defender? Lol

You are correct... I will make the change.