IGNORED

Season 8 ~ Week 6 ~ Mouse Trap

Vocelli

still struggling, something about this game, nothing over 500! Can someone share their pattern? Thanks

I don't have a "pattern" per se, but I start at the bottom left-hand corner, then work counter-clockwise. That doesn't always pan out, depending on where the cats are, but I can offer a few pointers:

1. Use your bones wisely. I use them to clear out sections of the maze. You only get 10 points per cat, so it's not really worth it to chase cats down.

2. Learn how to open the doors effectively. Open up the middle part and try to trap at least one cat in there. If you are lucky, you might get 2 in there.

3. It looks as if two cats can't be on the same "line" at the same time, so use that to your advantage. Sometimes you can get 2 cats stuck on a lower or upper area because of this.

4. I use a bone right off the bat to get started. Sometimes that bottom cat comes out right off, so starting off as the dog, allows me to get to that first corner of the board.

There we go. Rollage.

Nothing better than an early morning play session, when you're fresh and on your toes. This rollage materialized after just two attempts, where I refined my early pattern from yesterday. I do not use a bone right away, but instead move to the right and clear the bottom right corner. That's where three things can happen, as far as I experienced:

- If all goes very well, I can then move up and clear the top right corner. Only then I usually have to use a bone to cover my back while clearing the center right. From then on, it's no more pattern

- Often, you can escape from the bottom right to the left and clear the bottom left corner with little interference.

- Sometimes, the bottom cat follows you to the right immediately. In that case, I do have to use a bone very early. This actually happened for the first time at about 4k points, and threw me off quite a bit.

This is a very fun game. I had a good time playing it to 9,999. But man, was I playing with fire when it came to my photo proof. Everyone be careful and be happy with the 9,800 announced by our dear moderator as rollage. When you're close to 9,999, don't eat cats - or worse, finish a board, because the score does actually reset to zero.

post-34656-0-20486300-1542004138.jpg

• Like 5

Defender Game 9 A/A: ROLLAGE!

post-9712-0-36720300-1542065649_thumb.png post-9712-0-80442700-1542065658_thumb.png post-9712-0-15516100-1542065678_thumb.png

You have to play almost 300 waves to roll the score. Ugh!

By the way...I'm not sure why my score went from 999,900 to 000000. It should have gone to 000050. And I finished on wave 94, but I guess the emulation didn't show the 9.

Edited by Deteacher
  • Like 1

BONUS: Rollage on Defender, Game 9 A/A 999,900

(Additional photo showing my identification paper with partial scores and my Defender cartridge, made in Brazil by Polyvox in Silver Label).

post-24681-0-12145700-1542237237_thumb.jpg

post-24681-0-68377600-1542237265_thumb.jpg

It took me approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes to roll this score. And sorry for writing the date incorrectly on my ID paper - it's November 13th, 2018.

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 1

still struggling, something about this game, nothing over 500! Can someone share their pattern? Thanks

I like to clear out the middle "H" and then immediately trap a cat in it, then I clear the upper right, then upper left, then I use a dog bone to clear the lower right, then another dog bone to clear the lower left.

The levels get pretty repetitive, so if you can get break 2000, you should be able to roll the score with a little perseverance. Just don't get careless, the wait time before the cats come out can be a bit random, so better to play it safe and use a bone than be sorry.