IGNORED

Dead Tomb

retroillucid

Hello
Here's Dead Tomb for NES
I've been working on this game for 2 years now

This game is based off Temporel Inc. , an obscure game available through cable service in Quebec, called: Vidéoway.
I've also heard it was also available in some parts in UK,

The Vidéoway was way ahead of its time, you could play games, and many other features like weather forecast, Lottery results etc..

Sadly, when the serviced was discontinnued in early 2000, all the games were lost (games was temporary downloaded to your device) and the company didn't seem to have preserved the data :(

So I've decided to do a remake of Temporel Inc. Now dubbed; Dead Tomb

It is playable in both English / French
It is going to be available 1st quarter of 2019
The game is for NES, but with the F18A, I'm thinking to port it to the ColecoVision as well ;)

Vidéoway Ad

Temporel Inc. Gameplay

post-11933-0-11134600-1541812760_thumb.png

• Like 7

• 1 year later...

Hello there!! Not sure if you're still looking for this game but Limited Run just announced pre-orders for a re-issued NES cart go on sale tomorrow:

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/games/products/dead-tomb-nes

EDIT:

I just realized that you are possibly the person that made this re-issue.  If so, my apologies for the confusion and my sincere thank you for doing this.  I'm definitely picking up a copy.

Edited by Kvothe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kvothe said:

Hello there!! Not sure if you're still looking for this game but Limited Run just announced pre-orders for a re-issued NES cart go on sale tomorrow:

EDIT:

I just realized that you are possibly the person that made this re-issue.  If so, my apologies for the confusion and my sincere thank you for doing this.  I'm definitely picking up a copy.

It's not a re-issue, it's the official release! ;) :)

Yes, that's right though, the game will available tomorrow! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just got my copy of Dead Tomb for Phoenix in today.  The game is awesome and amazing.  It plays and flows so nicely with great full screen graphics between rooms that add a lot to the narrative.

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I am.  I am so happy I bought the game, the interface works really well and the deaths are plenty for arbitrary decisions, which I love... nothing like Sierra game deaths but interesting ones nevertheless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, imstarryeyed said:

Just got my copy of Dead Tomb for Phoenix in today.  The game is awesome and amazing.  It plays and flows so nicely with great full screen graphics between rooms that add a lot to the narrative.

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I am.  I am so happy I bought the game, the interface works really well and the deaths are plenty for arbitrary decisions, which I love... nothing like Sierra game deaths but interesting ones nevertheless.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the game! :)

Page 7 of the instruction manual (found this like 2 minutes after opening my box)

Next to last line...

"Developped by Acclaim Montreal"

Tried typing this in 4/5 'editors' and ALL 'pointed' out something wrong with the spelling.

A minor complaint - but these things still slip by (looks like a bunch of 'French' guys :)  ).

See that some others have encountered 'bugs'.... ouch!

Not a big deal to me per say but looking for a little better from Collectorvision.

(Don't flame on me - just pointing out mistakes - love having games ported/made for my Colecovision & Phoenix!)

Waiting for my next new game from you guys.

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JEFF31 said:

Page 7 of the instruction manual [...] Next to last line... "Developped by Acclaim Montreal"

Tried typing this in 4/5 'editors' and ALL 'pointed' out something wrong with the spelling.

[...]

Not a big deal to me per say but looking for a little better from Collectorvision.

It's "per se", not "per say".

Turnabout is fair play and all that... :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JEFF31 said:

Page 7 of the instruction manual (found this like 2 minutes after opening my box)

Next to last line...

"Developped by Acclaim Montreal"

A minor complaint - but these things still slip by (looks like a bunch of 'French' guys :)  ).

Sorry about that. I try my best, but yes, English is not my native language and sometimes I do mistakes and my word processor gets confused with the use of French/UK English/US English.

I’ve learnt English by playing The Hobbit adventure game on my Oric Atmos computer back in the days, so I guess I’m getting rusty (and old).

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, goldengalaxiesgaming said:

I got to the part where you drink an antidote then pick up a rock. After that I'm stuck. What am I supposed to do after that?

Spoiler alert:

Spoiler

Go to the SHRINE.  There is a nail stuck in the right-hand wall.  You need to take it.

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Thanks 1

I still have not received my copy or been notified that my order was completed (as was reported by someone).  My instinct is to just be patient, but I want to make sure that is the right tactic here.  

Do we have an idea about when all of the reserved copies will be shipped?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wongojack said:

I still have not received my copy or been notified that my order was completed (as was reported by someone).  My instinct is to just be patient, but I want to make sure that is the right tactic here.  

Do we have an idea about when all of the reserved copies will be shipped?

I would be patient as well but if you haven't received an email about your order check the CollectorVision Facebook page for info or contact them there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This game is a great marketing tool for the Phoenix. It’s been showing up on eBay with the description “only works on Collectorvision Phoenix, will not work on standard Colecovision. “ so, think of all the ColecoVision noobs asking “What the tarnation is a Collectorvision Phoenix.”

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Swami said:

This game is a great marketing tool for the Phoenix. It’s been showing up on eBay with the description “only works on Collectorvision Phoenix, will not work on standard Colecovision. “ so, think of all the ColecoVision noobs asking “What the tarnation is a Collectorvision Phoenix.”

Agreed!

The Phoenix can do so much! 

Here's a good example ;)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, imstarryeyed said:

Wow that is a great looking port!  I would love to see that kind of port for Phoenix.  Of course I would love to see the Phoenix that really pushes the unit.  Humm I wonder what the limits of this system are? 

I'd say somewhere around Aliens Arcade and SNES Super Metroid could be duplicated, but would take forever due to the sheer epicness. Super Metroid was also impressive for the SNES. The NES G. I. Joe games I would guess are a more practical limit.

We've seen something like Solstice for NES already.

On 1/22/2021 at 5:22 PM, Swami said:

I try to spread the word and promote the Phoenix but I have small YouTube channel. Even though ColecoVision is my favorite console, I still recommend the Phoenix because it's HD, FPGA, and has a built in Super Game Module.