IGNORED

Weird problem on Jaguar CD with new laser

cj23

Hi, today i received my jaguar cd with a new laser but i have 2 problems: at first when i turn on the console it was working, then i turned it off and then on and i tried playing a burned cd but it didn't work so i put my skunkboard in the cartridge slot of the jaguar cd but when i turned it on, it didn't boot to the skunkboard but instead it booted to the bios of the cd unit. Now the problem is that if i don't put a cartridge in the cd unit, the cd unit doesn't start but the jaguar led is green so it means that it's powering on, also if i put a cartridge in the cd unit, the jaguar cd starts and it reads original discs but cartridges don't work because it goes directly to the jaguar cd bios. How can i fix this? I asked to someone and he said that the problem is the laser but i don't understand why because the laser is new. I tried disconnecting and connecting again the cd unit but nothing, tried another power supply but nothing also tried using another jaguar but nothing. Please help me. Thanks

Not booting the plugged in cart is quite likely a bad connection with the cart, I'd second what Mr Bear has suggested and carefully clean the port of the JagCD, If it cannot boot the cart in that slot it tries to boot a CD inserted in it. Also try cleaning the edge connector of the CD unit too.. CD's don't use the full width of the cart bus so you could possibly get into the CD BIOS no issue and even run the Odd CD game fine, but when trying a full cart if the contacts are iffy, might give you problems.

It *shouldn't* be a problem, but there is actually a 2nd cart slot on a Jag CD, it has the edge connector permanently plugged into it, so it SHOULD be fine, however I guess it could be possible that if stored poorly that this too might have become oxidized and give poor contacts. Cleaning that would require disassembling your JagCD at least from the case to get access to it. I'd leave that until absolute last resort though.

Good luck.

• Like 2