IGNORED

SYSTEM BOOT UP

sparkdrummer

I sat down at my main system this morning and it will not boot up. The card led's flash from right to left normally until it gets to the memory card. The memory card stays lit up and I have a blank cyan screen.

At first I thought it might be a memory card issue so I replaced the Myarc 512 with a TI 32k. same results.

My card layout from left to right

Slot 1 - interface card

Slot 2 - TI RS232

Slot 3 - Myarc 512 memory

Slot 4 - Horizon ramdisk

Slot 5 - WHT SCSI

Slot 6 - emply

Slot 7 - Corcomp Triple tech

Slot 8 - Myarc DSQD disk controller

I also moved the memory card from slot 3 to slot 6 and the led stays lit in that configuration as well.

I am at a loss on what to do - Could it be the consoles powerup routine with expansion attached?

When I power up the console alone it seem to operate normally.

Any ideas?.

Looks like you are going to have to remove each and every card in sequence until/if the problem goes away. If one of those cards is not the issue you may have to consider asking Airshack to try his Flex Card if you don't have a backup. Good Luck isolating which card it is and then getting it fixed. Oh, you might also try swapping consoles with your P-Box, who knows? Trial & error diagnosis is not the best, but it might help narrow down the issue.

Also, do you have a DMM to check for voltages?

Sometimes the ROS on my Horizon gets corrupted and the system will not boot up. I would look there first. Mine is an HRD4000 and there is a switch in the back that will turn off the ramdisk. Flip that switch or if you don't have that switch you can pull the card (with the power off) and try to reboot,

Also it might me as simple as the firehose not making good connection.