IGNORED

Now open ... Osgeld's Mod Shop

Osgeld

I have a handful of little projects and whatnot that interests this community ... but its been dreadful to manage full time via private messages + spreadsheets over time and listing stuff on ebay pretty much zaps any hope of making a return

so I opened Osgeld's Mod Shop, which handles my random brain on crap assorted goods I think people would like to buy, but I dont want to manage manually.

At the moment there's only a few items for sale, world wide shipping based on weight is available, but there's more to come

Right now there are

1. Atari 2600 CX40 tactile switch drop in replacement boards
  2. Generic snap dome switch 10 packs
  3. 6 pack choose a color switch dust cover replacements

In the future I am considering...

• Universal FMS6363 video buffer/filter/amp boards which I have been using in systems for years, on every atari I have sold + other systems
  • SNES super CIC (SNES region free) mod board
  • SNES 240p component kits
  • Switchless Sega Genesis region mod board
  • Sega Genesis overclock kit that allows you to place the switch anydarn where you please (I developed this over the summer, typical mods require very short wires)
  • SIO2SD embedded ... either kit or core pcb add your own buttons, lcd, sd (main pcb is 50x36 mm, so its real easy to fit in whatever including an Atari 400 / 800)
  • Basic Dual Pokey board (pokey chips not included)
  • 2600 track ball tactile switch replacement pcb's
  • 7800 controller tactile switch replacement pcb's
  • 5200 controller tactile switch replacement flex circuits

none of that is concrete as of now, but I have actually done most of it already and that list is based on my "diggin though the boxes" out in the garage

this is just a place for me to list random things I do, with less personal maintenance and time, I will update as more stuff comes online .... as far as complete systems go, I still plan on posting here first, waiting a week or 2 then ebay for max exposure

anyway thanks for looking!

• Like 4

I'd be interested in the switchless region mod board for the Genesis systems for sure along with your video buffer boards for the Atari systems. You primarily only use those in 2600s though right? Is that a composite only output as well?

its a composite output only, though the driver can handle 3 signals since its for component ( I have a different board that takes luma and chroma in and vomits out svideo and composite which is what the UAV and longhorn mods do ... just havent developed it further than the one protoboard in my 65XE)

I primarily use those in 2600 systems but any system you see a mod board with a transistor and a couple three resistors can use it

Personally I have used it with

Coleco Gemini

GI pong systems

NES (not that it made that big of a difference on a toaster but its good for a NES slim)

Edited by Osgeld

You wouldn't happen to have the needed capacitors to do that basic mod to the Neo Geo MVS 161in1 yellow multicart would you? It needs (2) 47pF 50V Ceramic Capacitor where you scrape the board on a trace in 2 places and a ground area away from each. It repairs all of that jacked up audio problems with the cart making it almost perfect outside of 2 damaged dump games on it.

You wouldn't happen to have the needed capacitors to do that basic mod to the Neo Geo MVS 161in1 yellow multicart would you? It needs (2) 47pF 50V Ceramic Capacitor where you scrape the board on a trace in 2 places and a ground area away from each. It repairs all of that jacked up audio problems with the cart making it almost perfect outside of 2 damaged dump games on it.

I can look, I have a mini radio shack at home but its not something I keep a stock of (I know I have some tiny surface mount one's but I dont think those would bridge the span)

I can look, I have a mini radio shack at home but its not something I keep a stock of (I know I have some tiny surface mount one's but I dont think those would bridge the span)

Thanks and no, it wouldn't.

This is the video I pulled the part list from. My original board was a bit of I guess a v1.1 than 1.0 or v2.0 as it had the one regulator already installed, just no the two caps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

2c76208ed73b836d901db00f928b7081.jpg
a3635021180cadf42d3a935fe3933a1a.jpg
9c3cfc544f6e10730385e5cb645bf383.jpg

Just ordered two of these Osgeld PCBs ($7) for my favorite controllers. They work fantastic! Very little movement of the joystick in all eight directions, resulting in less stress on the plastic joystick joints. Super responsive during game play, especially Pac-Man 8k.

I also ordered the 4 point replacement pcb domes to replace some of the non-functional joysticks. 10/pack ($2). They are a bit larger than the 3 point domes, with a point or two not making contact or barely making contact. The dome is a bit taller at the apex. So might be a tad slower response if you’re using it to replace the button dome. I kept a usable 3 point there. Inexpensive way to refurbish some joysticks. Console 5 has 4 leg domes for 44 or 59 cents each.

Edited by cleoo
Correct prices