IGNORED

St. Nick by Funware!

BuckoBrand

St. Nick is an awesome game on the TI. I am a newb at it but I am getting better. Christmas is coming up soon and i am hoping to see this game on the high score competition. I lose every time i am at the trumpets. :( This has to stop. So, i will practice every day until i beat level 1. As you can see by our TI 99/4A magazines below, we love Christmas. And Ceasar, if you read this... :waving:

You will need the Terminal Emulator 2 cartridge to make this work.

100 OPEN #1:"SPEECH",OUTPUT

110 CALL CLEAR

120 PRINT #1:"I LIKE CHRISTMAS"

130 PRINT #1:"I LIKE CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAS"

140 GOTO 120

I made this program myself. All you need is a TI, a Speech Synthesizer, and coding skills, which i'm sure you have. Well, I must say bye for now. Bye!

post-43972-0-62806500-1541997948_thumb.jpg

post-43972-0-38971000-1541997955_thumb.jpg

post-43972-0-29264800-1541997967_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

I agree. I really wanted to go to the fair, but i had a chance to watch Pokemon movies and eat popcorn. Who couldn't pass that up? Also, if you didn't know, a new Harry Potter movie is coming out on Nov. 16th. The Crimes of Grindelwald. Well, i gotta get going. Bye!

Edited by BuckoBrand
  • Like 4

Me too. My highest was 6450. Dad, tell them what your score was. By the way, do you like my new profile picture? My youngest sister turned 4 today. :party: As soon as i can, i will post my Henhouse pictures. Do you know what the 3 rarest cartridges we have? Henhouse, Video Vegas, and St. Nick. Well, I better get going for now. Bye!

Edited by BuckoBrand
  • Like 4

My best Henhouse score was somewhere around 24,000 I think. Your grandpa hit around 30,000 back when I was a kid. :)

We actually had a high score competition on here for Henhouse a year or so ago. The high score winner (IIRC) was globeron with somewhere around 32k. I'll have to check those numbers though. If you go to the first page in the High score thread, the top post had all the scores.

• Like 4

Hi BuckoBrand,

Glad to have you here... I am a newbie here myself... It sounds to me like you and your Dad have something special going... with the TI being a "bridge". ;-)

I would try out: St. Nick by Funware! If I could... Liked the Pic though. :)

P.S. Thanx, for helping to carry the TI into the future! :thumbsup:
...and if it's not too far in advance, you and your family have a...
MERRY CHRISTMAS! and a HAPPY NEWYEAR! :party:

Alex.

• Like 2

Hi Alex. I give it to you, Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Do you have a multicart? St. Nick is on a certain multicart and on a Funware cartridge. Not a tape, but cartridge. You can ask me questions if you want, about St. Nick. In fact, everybody can ask me questions, and they will get answered quickly. You can also use FlashROM to load the game.

Bye for now,

BuckoBrand

Edited by BuckoBrand
  • Like 1

In case anyone wants to play this one, the rules are pretty simple... you must collect toys. The order in which they must be collected is shown on the left side of the screen.

You must collect all of one toy before going to the next.

If one of the witches hits you (or if you touch a toy out of order), you freeze and the evil elves walk around and drop more toys. (Suck)

Santa's head is sort of 3Dish, in that if you touch a toy with his head, the toy is "behind" Santa, and it doesn't collect that toy.

If you collect all the letters in the word SANTA, the witches freeze and your timer stops, allowing you to collect any toy you wish as fast as you can.

***NOTE***

You do not have to collect SANTA letters in any particular order.

Collect all toys in a level to advance.

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 1

the high score page for Henhouse starts at http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241547-high-score-competition-november-cave-creatures/page-45- i swore that i entered the competition that month but i guess i didn't. :)

your profile pic is very cool! my kids are 12 and 14, but sadly they do not share the enthusiasm for the TI as their dad does. ;)

• Like 1

I just assumed the game was unavailable because you mentioned the cart being rare... silly me!

I checked my GAMEBASE and there it was... wait 'till my mom finds out that I want to play this with her!!!

Thanks again.

Hi Alex. Does your mom like the TI? You said you were going to play this game with your mom. Ok, talk to you later. Bye.

Hi again,

Like is such a strong word... More like love, maybe?
My Mom had everything to do with the TI's introduction into my life! The 99/4a was my Christmas present... long ago... possibly... the best! Mom has been under the weather since tue. so I have been tending to her, sadly this is often the case now... I still have the GAMEBASE open to the game selection(St.Nick). Hopefully there will be some time for that soon!

Thanks for caring! :)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 3

I gave Turtles a TE-II cartridge to play with today, so he'll be able to run his test now, Bucko!

On another note, I was given a defective St. Nick cartridge to look at while I was at the Chicago Faire. I had the opportunity to do some experimentation on it tonight, and found out something interesting. This board is not the normal Funware cartridge board--it is a very small square board with two epoxy blobs on it instead of a standard EPROM. One of the blobs covers an 8K EPROM--the other covers what appears to be a GROM. This explains a lot, as one of the interesting stories that came out of the 1983 Summer CES was that the owner of Funware walked up to the TI booth, put one of his cartridges (title not identified) into one of the V 2.2 consoles on display, and fired up the game. Funware did have a GROM license (the only third-party vendor to successfully obtain one), so it is no surprise that they actually used GROMs in some of their cartridges. This is just the first one I have that physically proves it. I will take some pictures of the board later, but a definite shout out of thanks to Vic Steerup for providing me the cartridge to play with.

All that said, I suspect that there may even be two physical variants of the St. Nick cartridge--one with and one without the integrated GROM.

• Like 2

It is very easy to tell if the cartridge has the small board as well. A Funware cartridge with the standard board is completely open inside, allowing you to see the single support post in front of the 8K DIP EPROM. The GROM board doesn't have the post. It has a pair of walls that grip the board at top and bottom (and deeper in, there are a series of wall-like posts above and below the board that extend the support to the whole tiny board (as noted already by Turtles)). It would be interesting to see if anyone has a copy of St. Nick on the standard, 8K Funware board. . .or if all of them are this GROM board type.

Edited by Ksarul