IGNORED

St. Nick by Funware!

BuckoBrand

True--but I also want to make sure we preserve this GROM/ROM variant, as it does work on V2.2 consoles.

I thought all St. Nick carts would be with a GROM since on the box for St. Nick it says "Guaranteed to work on all current and future versions of the TI-99/4A".

stnickbf.jpg

Edited by Toucan
  • Like 3

There is also a single 8K ROM variant in circulation, which is why I wanted to make sure both were preserved, Toucan.

Never knew there would be a non-GROM version, due to the box and marketing. If anything, the ROM version would be the rare one. I'd be interested in finding out where that came from.

Edited by Toucan

It may have been prepared for the ROMOX cartridge stations, as a lot of the Funware titles were included as selections there.

Ah, very good possibility. You are right about Funware having a lot of titles on that machine. Cave Creatures being one of them.

I thought all St. Nick carts would be with a GROM since on the box for St. Nick it says "Guaranteed to work on all current and future versions of the TI-99/4A".

stnickbf.jpg

Ditto for the Schnoz-Ola box. I think that all Funware cartridges after St. Nick was released would have that small board with the GROM.

Edited by iliketurtles

Toucan, didn't you have a Schnoz-Ola prototype? If so, it may also have the GROM board, as Competition Computer used the 8K file from the ROMOX programming stations for their reproduction cartridges. That would also solidify the assumption that Funware had two code variants for their later cartridges--GROM cartridge and ROMOX ECPC.

Toucan, didn't you have a Schnoz-Ola prototype? If so, it may also have the GROM board, as Competition Computer used the 8K file from the ROMOX programming stations for their reproduction cartridges. That would also solidify the assumption that Funware had two code variants for their later cartridges--GROM cartridge and ROMOX ECPC.

That I do. I could check and see. Are we in need of a dump of it perhaps? Now, would there be anything taken out of these games to fit in 8K, or were they 8K to begin with and the GROM was just to work on v2.2 consoles?

Edited by Toucan
  • Like 2