IGNORED

St. Nick by Funware!

BuckoBrand

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

Taking the opportunity to refurb my Driving Demon label, I decided to clean it up a bit, as well (ignore the cotton fibers :).)  I had to trim the label a little and it fits just like an original, glued on with some clear-curing acid-free scrapbooking glue.  Nicely done, @iliketurtles.

It appears to me that Driving Demon is the most common Funware cart- and it had the worst glue on the label of the various Funware cartridges. Almost every single Driving Demon cartridge I have ever come across had either a label in bad shape or NO label at all. Even the best looking one I have label-wise has an ink stain on it.

Edited by iliketurtles
  • Like 1

Turtles and I completed the last two Labels with a Funware connection today. Here you go and have fun with them. Please note that they both have cartridge numbers pulled from thin air, as none of the original files identified what they should have been--and originals of these two cartridges don't exist.

CaveCreaturesLabel-6.png

LobsterBayLabel-1.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Turtles and I completed the last two Labels with a Funware connection today. Here you go and have fun with them. Please note that they both have cartridge numbers pulled from thin air, as none of the original files identified what they should have been--and originals of these two cartridges don't exist.

So I have some questions :)

Was there a "Cave Creatures" from ROMOX ? (# ROM08185)

Somebody knows about this missing FW-numbers ?

grafik.thumb.png.89e7f202ac426396dc446ca260721d88.png

None of the titles you have questions on the missing numbers for actually exist--they were announced by Funware, but apparently never coded or given product numbers (they are basically vaporware).

In the case of Cave Creatures, Funware released a few of their titles for the ROMOX ECPC cartridge programmer, so it does have a ROMOX number (as do St. Nick and Schnoz-Ola). Of these, only Schnoz-Ola actually reached the stage of being releasable as a physical Funware cartridge, and so far as I know, those Funware Schnoz-Ola cartridges were only made in test quantities, not full production--but that did give us the right product number for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 8:13 AM, Ksarul said:

None of the titles you have questions on the missing numbers for actually exist--they were announced by Funware, but apparently never coded or given product numbers (they are basically vaporware).

In the case of Cave Creatures, Funware released a few of their titles for the ROMOX ECPC cartridge programmer, so it does have a ROMOX number (as do St. Nick and Schnoz-Ola). Of these, only Schnoz-Ola actually reached the stage of being releasable as a physical Funware cartridge, and so far as I know, those Funware Schnoz-Ola cartridges were only made in test quantities, not full production--but that did give us the right product number for them.

Apparently the term "vaporware" extends to all aspects of the TI99/4a development. Thanks for the solid info. MikeV.

• Like 2