IGNORED

FlashROM99 MG Explorer image

FALCOR4

• 4 months later...

Attached is a version of the Explorer that I've wanted to release for many years now. I did some updates and fixed three known bugs; this is the Paisley version.

This version was intended to be under 16k (original was over 18k) to fit into two ROM/GROM banks with room for a simple loader. The file attached is a cartridge version with JG's loader for two ROM banks.

It no longer has two of the Exp screens; the options screen and the register screen nor does it have the user-configuration-save function. It added help screens, a memory mapped device function, a GRAM simulator switch (which was a utility that came with the Gram Kracker) and changed the GROM base address field to a GROM page field. There were a few more minor changes, all in the interest of single screen utility and stability.

I want to thank retroclouds and FarmerPotato for helping to beta test it. It was very helpful and they found some goof ups of mine that I introduced in the rewrite. If you find something not working quite right please let me know as well.

Also, if anyone wanted to come up with a key strip that would be very cool!

LEXP.bin

Thanks,

Doug

• Like 8

The only manual available is the original MG Explorer manual mentioned earlier in this thread. Much of it still applies to this version sans the deleted screens and a few other minor changes. It's a good place to start. I embedded help screens in this version to try and bridge the gap a bit.

I'm not sure I will ever get around to updating a manual for this version. I do still have the original text, just need to sit down and figure out how to get the formatting to come across to the PC then I could consider it. Just takes time :-)

• Like 1

Comparing it to the original strip-Please feel free to abbreviate as it makes sense and thank you for doing this:

CTRL

1 - same - SINGLE Step

2 - same - CONT Step

3 - same - SELECT AP/EXP Screen

4 - same - INTRUPS On/Off

5 - same - SOUND Off

6 - AP SCREEN On

7 - blank

8 - blank

9 - SELECT GRAM Sim Mode

0 - blank

= - same - QUIT

FCTN

1 - same - Memory Select

2 - same - Memory Window Size

3 - same - Disassem Size

4 - same - Page Up

5 - same - Search

6 - same - Page Down

7 - blank

8 - Write to MMD

9 - same - Edit Field/Mem

0 - same - Basic Bias On/Off

= - same - ASCII/HEX

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 3/18/2019 at 10:10 AM, FALCOR4 said:

Attached is a version of the Explorer that I've wanted to release for many years now. I did some updates and fixed three known bugs; this is the Paisley version.

This version was intended to be under 16k (original was over 18k) to fit into two ROM/GROM banks with room for a simple loader. The file attached is a cartridge version with JG's loader for two ROM banks.

It no longer has two of the Exp screens; the options screen and the register screen nor does it have the user-configuration-save function. It added help screens, a memory mapped device function, a GRAM simulator switch (which was a utility that came with the Gram Kracker) and changed the GROM base address field to a GROM page field. There were a few more minor changes, all in the interest of single screen utility and stability.

I want to thank retroclouds and FarmerPotato for helping to beta test it. It was very helpful and they found some goof ups of mine that I introduced in the rewrite. If you find something not working quite right please let me know as well.

Also, if anyone wanted to come up with a key strip that would be very cool!

LEXP.bin 32 kB · 22 downloads

Thanks,

Doug

This one fixes an annoying memory block address nit that is in Paisley v2.0a

LEXP_V21a.bin

Doug

• Like 4