IGNORED

Looking for proofreaders and/or translators

ivop

Hi all,

Somewhere in 2011 I scanned and OCR'd the Atmas-II manual. Three years later I started proofreading and converted it to LaTeX by means of Texmaker. After that, I began translating it to English. But as usual, interest started waning, et cetera. Recently, I revived my Texmaker directory from backup and now the Atmas-II manual is on github!

https://github.com/ivop/atmas2-manual

So, I was wondering if there are native speakers (English or German) that would like to help with proofreading the chapters that are done and possibly translating the two chapters that are left?

Introduction, chapter 1 and 4, and appendix A, B and C are done. Chapter 2 and 3 still have to be translated.

But also proofreading the German pdf can help. German is my third language, so I'm pretty sure I made some errors there, too.

I'm not asking you to do "my work", but chances I'll finish this on my own are low ;)

Regards,

Ivo

• Like 2

Can't help with translation or proofing German, but I'll gladly proofread (and offer any necessary corrections) on the already translated English text, as long as you're not in a desperate hurry (time seems in very short supply this week).

Well, this all started in 2011, most of the translation was done in 2014 and I just revived this, so I'm not really in a hurry :)

It looks pretty good, I would only suggest the following changes

Intro

"provide for" a convenient (rather than allow)

Chapt 1

"which is known from" ought to be "such as is used by"

lose "of the editor" re: command mode, we already know it's the editor

save "the" text present

until either the end of the source text has been reached,

in the last case (not latter which is limited to two)

Looks good, and having read it ATMAS II sounds interesting, although only assembling from memory seems a bit restrictive.

"provide for" a convenient (rather than allow)

'Provide' will do. 'Provide for' implies a contingency or provision of care, etc. 'Constitute' or 'facilitate' also work.

"which is known from" ought to be "such as is used by"

I'd suggest: 'This eliminates the tedious entry of LIST commands required by several other editors'.

I agree with the other suggestions. There's not a great deal of revision required.

Funny, i did similar some month ago and put pdf of german version also online:

http://mrbacardi.000space.com/tools/ATMAS-II_manual_german.pdf

In case someone is interested in the Word Doc, just let me know...

Sure! Perhaps you could post it here or I can put it on github, too? The more the merrier :) Indeed funny. Suddenly there are two pdf versions of the German manual :)

@Alfred and FJC: thanks for the suggestions. I'll be sure to incorporate them.