7th carlsson 3,100 6pts
* Beat HSC record for 1pt bonus!

Season 15 Catch-Up / Improve Scores

(Scoring will be added later)

McKong Millionaire 25K
Mckong Ski-It Slalom 6:02 Downhill 2:44:1 / DNF

• Like 2

Donkey Kong Jr - 5800 pts, reached level 2

It is times like this I'm happy we're quite few in the HSC, given how terrible I am at Donkey Kong Jr in particular. While I'm usually not among the highest scores on any game, I really can't handle this game but voted for it out of honor to those who like to play it. Perhaps I'll have a few more attempts, but I'm not expecting to beat anyone ahead of me, more likely there will be dormant HSC:ers entering this round and surpass my score.

• Like 2

Donkey Kong Jr - 5800 pts, reached level 2

It is times like this I'm happy we're quite few in the HSC, given how terrible I am at Donkey Kong Jr in particular. While I'm usually not among the highest scores on any game, I really can't handle this game but voted for it out of honor to those who like to play it. Perhaps I'll have a few more attempts, but I'm not expecting to beat anyone ahead of me, more likely there will be dormant HSC:ers entering this round and surpass my score.

It's an unforgiving game, though there does seem to be some repetition so stick to a basic routine, probably a video out there? I've had to have a 2nd session for the day and just reached level 6 and I mean just! I was leaping onto rope places I didn't know I could to escape on level 5. See my tips and try and milk out the points on the first two levels if you can't get further ;-)

173,000 :-o

Well, perhaps it isn't beyond all hope after all, 11400 pts and I reached level 3.

I'm glad you are making progress, I tried to find a video but none of them were much cop. Don't think I can make one but we really want one from McKong ;) There are lots of places to wait and hang out (Iiterally!) I'll have to do something with screenshots using paint with some notes :idea:

latest tables

Donkey Kong Jr

1st McKong 529,400 12pts
2nd therealbountybob 173,000 11pts
3rd Deteacher 84,300 10pts
4th graywest 60,100 9pts
5th jblenkle 27,500 8pts
6th roadrunner 22,300 7pts
7th Sikor 13,000 6pts
8th carlsson 12,000 5pts
* Beat HSC record for 1pt bonus!

Season 15 Catch-Up / Improve Scores

(Scoring will be added later)

McKong Millionaire 25K
Mckong Ski-It Slalom 6:02 Downhill 2:44:1 / DNF

c'mon firestorm ;)

• Like 2

DK JR HINTS PACK

Here are the previous posts giving hints plus I've had a go at a guide for the first screens that might help players get a few more points ;)

[forgot to say if camped under fruit, go up to pop it onto descending snappers - also after [2] you can jump R from the middle of the top platform to the rope [3] withougt disturbing the fruit, also try jump R from the far left side - hey, it's fun!]

post-19705-0-80914100-1543410603_thumb.png

DK Jr. Hints: DK Jr. is a tough one, theres no escaping it. I can offer the following; you can get more points on the first level, over 10K for each of the first two screens if you take out a few baddies using the fruit, so if you can't get far go for this as a strategy rather than a quick completion. You can take out descending baddies from below the fruit too. Generally a lot of placement tapping l/r to position yourself before the jumps especially on the spring scren. Often you can camp out and are safer than you think so explore the game. Usually at the top of the screen a single jump will reach the last chain. You can jump up the step more quickly (you do not jump) on the top of the first screens by walking into it and then pressing fire. The sparks go in a pattern, watch the top part where they go from 1-4. go after they have done the 4 down at the same time.

Have fun and I forget but you can jump down onto that spring from somewhere too :)

The sparks screen looks difficult but it is definitely the easiest because, as Bob said, it follows a pattern. The hardest part of the screen is the third level. Exactly as Bob said, go after the 4 blue sparks but after the first sparks screen it becomes more difficult and then the safest time to go is when the yellow ground spark coincides with the four blue sparks at the left hand side of the level. Does that make sense? Once you've worked out the pattern it's pretty easy, I very rarely lose a life on this screen,

• Like 4

I've had a bewildering amount of goes on this darn game, but the more greedy I get the worse I am doing :mad: :-o

:-D

As you may have seen the Round 21 Poll is OPEN

Ski-it is a can of worms each with a smaller can of worms, the more I fix and improve the more I find to fix and improve, it's getting there though!

Just a small hint - on the springboard level, you can do an extra-high jump from the springboard if you tap the button when you land on it. The manual mentions this, though it isn't very clear.

This is the same behavior as the arcade cabinet, but the timing is much more difficult on this version. I usually find myself hammering the fire button multiple times: sometimes I jump high, sometimes I don't.

Wait to begin your jump onto the springboard until the orange platform overhead has just begun its trip back to the left, and you should land on it. If you pull off the move, it will save time and potential danger crossing under the exploding eggs.

Oh, and one other thing I noticed - after you get to level 4, killing the red snapjaws doesn't remove them permanently from the screen anymore, so beware! As soon as you drop a fruit on one, Mario kicks out another. I think this is the same behavior as the arcade version as well, but I don't remember for sure.

Edited by graywest
  • Like 1

Had a load of DK Jr goes every day, not improved but I did manage a couple of the spring high jumps thanks to greywests info on the post above, I need to get this mastered. Like DK Jr is a great game and always leaves you thinking you can do better next go... or the next go...

Ski-It v1.2 still steady progess, down to fine tuning - one more assemble tonight ;-)

@RT Hope the eye gets better, if it does might you fancy a crack at the artwork for Space Fortress Omega instructions - I was waiting on Excel Mag but I want to get it out there as it's been well over a year :?

• Like 2

latest tables

Donkey Kong Jr

1st McKong 529,400 13pts*
2nd therealbountybob 173,000 11pts
3rd graywest 90,900 10pts
4th Deteacher 84,300 9pts
5th jblenkle 27,500 8pts
6th roadrunner 22,300 7pts
7th Sikor 20,400 6pts
8th carlsson 13,800 5pts
9th RedThunder 4,000 4pts