IGNORED

Opcode Games Super Game Module (NEW IN BOX) - For Sale

NIAD

• 3 years later...
38 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

This might be an option if you have an ADAM...

Or you could buy an ADAM and pop it in...

Just plug it into the Adam and you are all set.  The Adam already has the extra Ram.  It just needs this cart for the second sound chip.  The Adams Ram is used in place of the SGM ram even if you used a real SGM

Here is the audio cart plugged into my Adam

It works the same as my SGM cart but at a fraction of the price

8 hours ago, H454 said:

How to save money in this hobbie:

Buy two, keep one, wait 1+ year and sell one. Recoup all expenses.

Buy three, keep one, sell two - Profit!

I just keep speculating on the wrong things.

Does anyone remember how much these SGMs originally cost?  I cannot find my original order, other than a convo I had with Al back in 2017 about the color: clear -- mine is clear.

Just now, OLD CS1 said:

Does anyone remember how much these SGMs originally cost?  I cannot find my original order, other than a convo I had with Al back in 2017 about the color: clear -- mine is clear.

I want to say $99? I got the plain black unit in the printed box. It was the 2nd or 3rd run.

I meant to buy a couple more, but I forgot ( and opcode makes buying anything through them a PIA). Then the 2 weeks two slow the curve happened.

I have seen this  ColecoVision RAMBOard 32k on ebay and was thinking about trying it.

3 minutes ago, H454 said:

I want to say $99? I got the plain black unit in the printed box. It was the 2nd or 3rd run.

I meant to buy a couple more, but I forgot ( and opcode makes buying anything through them a PIA).

That sounds about right.  I apparently contacted OpCode after the first run and was told a pre-order was available on AtariAge.

1 minute ago, OLD CS1 said:

That sounds about right.  I apparently contacted OpCode after the first run and was told a pre-order was available on AtariAge.

Looks like I got it from the AA store-

ID: Name: Qty: Unit Price: Total:
Super Game Module (SGM) - ColecoVision
  -Clear Black Case Upgrade: No
1 $90.00 $90.00
Subtotal:  $90.00
Shipping:  $10.55
Total:

$100.55

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2022 at 12:21 AM, Wes Smith said:

How can I get one of these?

Here is a beige one, with patience you could find one a little cheaper but this price really isn't much higher than the "going rate" these days...and you could have it NOW!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203985594805?epid=13018143413&hash=item2f7e7d29b5:g:WbEAAOSwAslilAE6

10 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Now, I do remember the clear one was originally ebay auctions only and limited to (5?) IIRC...it was the same time he was doing prototype games (limited runs of 5) on ebay...but, I don't follow Coleco enough to remember if a full blown clear run was made. I'm guessing if you didn't win it from an absurdly overpriced ebay battle, it was probably produced in a legit run at some point...how many were made? No idea...not sure if Opcode releases those figures or not.

9 hours ago, H454 said:

Looks like I got it from the AA store-

ID: Name: Qty: Unit Price: Total:
Super Game Module (SGM) - ColecoVision
  -Clear Black Case Upgrade: No
1 $90.00 $90.00
Subtotal:  $90.00
Shipping:  $10.55
Total:

$100.55

Yeah, that sounds about right. I want to say the very first run was slightly cheaper, I think Opcode offered a discount too if you sent check/MO instead of electronic payments...

1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

I'm guessing if you didn't win it from an absurdly overpriced ebay battle, it was probably produced in a legit run at some point...how many were made? No idea...not sure if Opcode releases those figures or not.

No, I try to steer clear of stupid bid wars or high-priced auctions.  I wanted a clear one, but I would not have paid through the nose for it.  In fact, I just found my order in a sub-folder.  Yeah, I paid $99.75 for a run sold through AtariAge, with an additional $10 for the clear upgrade.  Because I am not a peasant.

Looks like I grabbed a second run, advanced-compatibility 2016 model.

Given this unit is no longer in production, is a good quality item, with an original release in 2012, only doubling in price in the second-hand market, especially buying from people who take care of their stuff, is not terrible and less than I would expect.

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

No, I try to steer clear of stupid bid wars or high-priced auctions.  I wanted a clear one, but I would not have paid through the nose for it.  In fact, I just found my order in a sub-folder.  Yeah, I paid $99.75 for a run sold through AtariAge, with an additional $10 for the clear upgrade.  Because I am not a peasant.

Looks like I grabbed a second run, advanced-compatibility 2016 model.

Given this unit is no longer in production, is a good quality item, with an original release in 2012, only doubling in price in the second-hand market, especially buying from people who take care of their stuff, is not terrible and less than I would expect.

haha, thats right man! elite royalty!!

Okay, I would bet there are a fair number of clear ones out there then, 100 or more? (although I'd guess nowhere near the amount of black/standard...a thousand or more? No idea...)

Yeah, they were getting pretty nuts for a little while but the price seems to have normalized around a few hundred bucks. I do know there were several runs of several hundred (5 or 6?)so it's hard to believe that everyone who wanted one doesn't already have one at this point...but, you get new Coleco fans, or people like me that regretfully sold everything at some point...also a lot of people that may have had no interest initially seem to suddenly want stuff super bad they can't readily buy. I get why some homebrew guys do the limited edition thing...

Hmm, that beige one is slightly less than what I paid for my 2nd gen one (SM2403) back in March. I watched it for awhile and made the seller an offer. He countered by adding another $10 to my initial offer.  In the end, I got a new SGM for $60 off the asking price. You could always try making an offer. 

Some sellers know that their asking a bit much for these things and are simply looking to see how much “we” are willing to pay.  I’m sure you’ll find one at a reasonable price.

12 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

you get new Coleco fans, or people like me that regretfully sold everything at some point...also a lot of people that may have had no interest initially seem to suddenly want stuff super bad they can't readily buy. I get why some homebrew guys do the limited edition thing...

There is only so much time you can put into a product as a home-brew.  @matthew180 introduced the F18A way back, what, 10 years ago or so.  You can only produce so much as one man, but he also open-source the project so others can still fill (parts availability permitting) can fill the still-existing demand.

I have counseled many friends against selling their collections for short-term needs.  Even some who said they wanted to get out of the hobby, you just know they will regret it and for no long-term relief.  I have faced that myself a few times (honestly, right now, for instance... times are tough.)  But the thought that while I may sell what I got for double what I paid, it will cost me triple or more to get it back later.