IGNORED

Tapwave Zodiac - help

pdmelo

I have a Tapwave Zodiac 2 console in my collection that used to work 100%.

Recently went back to it and found it to have a problem (apart from broke shoulder buttons).

After turning it on I get a full white screen. Sound is OK, Digitizer seems OK (I get the "clicking sound" when i touch/press on the screen), backlight is OK.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Try taking the back panel off (you will need a small torx but) and press in the ribbon that goes to the tapwave circuit board. They have connections under these little brown plastic tabs.

I had a similar issue and one if those ribbons had come loose.

I'll try that!

• 2 months later...

It seems that either there is a crack in the interior of one of the connecting ribbons or the screen itself went bad. Ive had both things happen to me before as Ive had 6 Zodiacs over the years.

There is someone selling a display model on EBay and that might be your best bet for a cheap screen replacement and/or ribbon change.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

• Like 1

It seems that either there is a crack in the interior of one of the connecting ribbons or the screen itself went bad. Ive had both things happen to me before as Ive had 6 Zodiacs over the years.

There is someone selling a display model on EBay and that might be your best bet for a cheap screen replacement and/or ribbon change.

The ribbon cables looked OK, The Zodiac has been in storage for a couple of years since the last time I used it, so maybe the screen is gone.

Thank you for your help.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I am looking for someone to fix my zodiac 1 the ribbon is torn and needs to be replacedlet me know if you have somebody to fix it thanks

On 1/30/2019 at 10:30 AM, metarog said:

hi I have a tapwave zodiac 1 and the connecting  ribbon has a tear and does not work can you fix it please let ne know my email is funkaboy @ptd.net let me know thanks