IGNORED

Atari Falcon and CF Adapter Mounting for External Access

Trying to figure out how to best expose the CF slot on the IDE adapter inside my Atari Falcon to the outside of the case. Any suggestions? Pictures?

The computer itself and therefore the cases are so expensive now that it would be a pity to modify the case. With that in mind, external access could only really be done through the floppy drive access. You could extend the FDD cable and power lead to the point where the drive sits outside of the case (a lot of Amiga users seem to do this with their Goteks to avoid modifying the case. With the FDD cutout open, the CF card adapter could pass through and sit aside.

I'm not sure if I'm completely sold on this option but it's one...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Yeah. I think I'll have to go with a SCSI external box and chain a SCSI to IDE with the CF to IDE. Jeez. Nightmare. =)

I don't think that it's good idea. SCSI on Falcon is slower 2x than IDE and is limited compatibility.

If cutting hole in case is the problem it is possible to just lead out IDE cable under top part of case.

• 2 weeks later...