IGNORED

Myarc 512K card modification

9640News

I have looked around at whtech.com, but not finding documentation on the conversion of a foundation 128/512 card to a myarc card. I have two that I converted, from the above mentioned Myarc 512k conversion and it seems they worked in the past. but I cannot get one to show a led, and neither comes up when i try to do a CALL RDTEST. All the chips have been tested/replaced as necessary and I replaced the led on the one not working last night, and installed two new eproms, still not working. So I am leaning toward a bad transistor, or something. But there was rewiring to do on the back of the card to be able to use the 512k memory dram and I want to be sure this was wired correctly. Can anyone point me to a doc/schematic source? Thanks

• 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, Schmitzi said:

I don´t know if this is interesting, but I found another info from Paolo´s repository:

Myarc 512K Bugs.pdf 17.66 kB · 3 downloads

And just the MOD, just to have it here on AA:

Myarc512K-MODIF.pdf 58.75 kB · 3 downloads

And the original manual:

Myarc Memory Expansion Card.pdf 10.9 MB · 3 downloads

This looks like the instructions I used to modify my Myarc 512K card last year.

• Like 1

Hi,

does the Myarc 512K (Geneve-modded) card interfere in any way with the 384K-mod (PFM+) on the Geneve ?

Or th 32K upgrade that I don´t know anything about ?

Or any other upgrade like 394K (non-PFM) (what I have)

Means, is the 384K upgrade (or any other) obsolete when using the Myarc 512K card,

means the 512K card OR the PFM/384K ONLY ?

Background: I have a PFM 128K modded Geneve (+384K SRAM + 192K Video RAM upgrade)

AND a standard Geneve, so thinking about what to do now.

thx.

8 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

Hi,

does the Myarc 512K (Geneve-modded) card interfere in any way with the 384K-mod (PFM+) on the Geneve ?

Or th 32K upgrade that I don´t know anything about ?

Or any other upgrade like 394K (non-PFM) (what I have)

Means, is the 384K upgrade (or any other) obsolete when using the Myarc 512K card,

means the 512K card OR the PFM/384K ONLY ?

Background: I have a PFM 128K modded Geneve (+384K SRAM + 192K Video RAM upgrade)

AND a standard Geneve, so thinking about what to do now.

thx.

No it does not interfere, I used two of them on my PFM+ Geneve, after I got it back from Cecure, and Tim had installed the PFM+ on it. Could run the memory test and see alot of good usable memory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

No it does not interfere, I used two of them on my PFM+ Geneve, after I got it back from Cecure, and Tim had installed the PFM+ on it. Could run the memory test and see alot of good usable memory.

ah OK, so again, the PFM128/384 is "only" a FlashDisk, for faster booting and so on, right ?

But what happens if I have 384K (nonPFM = S-RAM) and add the Myarc 512K Card to the system,

does MDOS add/see/use this 896KB RAM as "one" RAM-area, or are they used/organized/programmed  somehow separately ?