IGNORED

Intellivision Productions, Blue Sky Rangers and Intellivision Entertainment

BSRSteve

I think it is time to clarify the status of the various entities involved in Intellivision.

Intellivision Productions, Inc has been renamed to Blue Sky Rangers, Inc, and our store and other information is being moved to BlueSkyRangers.com. The content at intellivisionlives and intellivsiongames should all be reposted to blueskyrangers by the end of the month and removed from their old locations.

The Intellivision name and the Running Man trademarks are in the process of transferring to Intellivision Entertainment, and the game IP will follow fairly soon.

Anyone placing legal notices on their products referring to the ownership of the trademark should start using Intellivision Entertainment by the end of the year, if possible.

• Like 16

Please do keep all that wonderful info!

Naturally, I just finished capturing all those URLs for the original games in my database for a project I'm working on to link to official game info... Hope they don't change *too* much! I finally get around to working on a project planned 15 years ago and look what happens! Murphy! Get outta here! :P

• Like 1

I think it is time to clarify the status of the various entities involved in Intellivision.

Intellivision Productions, Inc has been renamed to Blue Sky Rangers, Inc, and our store and other information is being moved to BlueSkyRangers.com. The content at intellivisionlives and intellivsiongames should all be reposted to blueskyrangers by the end of the month and removed from their old locations.

The Intellivision name and the Running Man trademarks are in the process of transferring to Intellivision Entertainment, and the game IP will follow fairly soon.

Anyone placing legal notices on their products referring to the ownership of the trademark should start using Intellivision Entertainment by the end of the year, if possible.

What's the future for Blue Sky Rangers Inc without the video games IP?

What's the future for Blue Sky Rangers Inc without the video games IP?

Well, that is a good question. The inventory is not moving, so we will still be selling off stuff (and keeping a complete set of at least Mattel Electronics and Intellivision-related stuff).. We are keeping all the historical documents, at least for now, and will try to get them organized, digitized and curated in some way. We will license back some things for a short period of time and may do other things down the road.

• Like 9

• 3 months later...

Are all of the game/software IP transferring to Intellivision Entertainment.

Unreleased and unfinished cartridges?

third party licensed games?

Atari 2600 games?

Colecovision Games?

IBM PC and Apple II games?

Aquarius games?

Keyboard Component software?

Done!

intvnut@wei-wu-wei:~/proj/emu/src/jzintv/src[1]$ svn diff -r1853:1852
Index: cfg/usage.c
===================================================================
--- cfg/usage.c (revision 1853)
+++ cfg/usage.c (revision 1852)
@@ -260,10 +260,9 @@
                                                                             "\n"
 #endif
 "Legal note:"                                                               "\n"
-"    Intellivision(TM) is a trademark of Intellivision Entertainment.  Neither"
+"    Intellivision(TM) is a trademark of Intellivision Productions.  Neither\n"
+"    Joe Zbiciak nor jzIntv are affiliated with Intellivision Productions." "\n"
                                                                             "\n"
-"    Joe Zbiciak nor jzIntv are affiliated with Intellivision Entertainment.\n"
-                                                                            "\n"
     );

jzp_flush();
@@ -300,8 +299,8 @@
 "Run \"jzintv --help\" for usage information."                              "\n"
                                                                             "\n"
 "Legal note:"                                                               "\n"
-"    Intellivision(TM) is a trademark of Intellivision Entertainment.  Joe" "\n"
-"    Zbiciak and jzIntv are not affiliated with Intellivision Entertainment.\n"
+"    Intellivision(TM) is a trademark of Intellivision Productions.  Joe"   "\n"
+"    Zbiciak and jzIntv are not affiliated with Intellivision Productions." "\n"
                                                                             "\n"
     ,JZINTV_VERSION_MAJOR
     ,JZINTV_VERSION_MINOR

intvnut@wei-wu-wei:~/proj/emu/src/jzintv/src[1]$ jzintv    

jzIntv v1.0
SVN Revision 1853

Copyright 2018, Joseph Zbiciak
Portions    Tim Lindner, John Tanner, Rick Reynolds, Pedro Giffuni,
copyright:  Joe Fisher, Frank Palazzolo, Kjell Breding, Daniele Moglia,
            Marco Turconi, Andrea Mazzoleni (scale2x/3x/4x),
            Markus Oberhumer (minilzo), Oscar Toledo (AVI),
            Jean-loup Gailly (zlib), Mark Adler (zlib)

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option)
any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU General Public License for
more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.

Run "jzintv --help" for usage information.

Legal note:
    Intellivision(TM) is a trademark of Intellivision Entertainment.  Joe
    Zbiciak and jzIntv are not affiliated with Intellivision Entertainment.

(And in case anyone is curious what wei-wu-wei is about...)

Well, that is a good question. The inventory is not moving, so we will still be selling off stuff (and keeping a complete set of at least Mattel Electronics and Intellivision-related stuff).. We are keeping all the historical documents, at least for now, and will try to get them organized, digitized and curated in some way. We will license back some things for a short period of time and may do other things down the road.

I would love to see this library someday. Perhaps I should make a trek down that way someday? I live in Silicon Valley these days, so I'm not that far away.

Hi Steve, I know myself (and a few other people) are certainly interested in looking at those historical documents for research purposes. It might be worthwhile to reach out to a place like the Strong Museum of Play, the Video Game History Foundation, the Hagley Library & Museum (which has RCA's documents) or the Computer History Museum - or even private websites of materials like ballyalley or Curt Vendel's Atari Museum - to see how they organize their papers and make them accessible. Mattel Electronics and Intellivision stuff has a rich history and I'd love to see that information out there for those stories to be told.

Edited by ubersaurus
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Working on it. In fact, that is what is taking so much longer is reworking the format with larger images, etc.

Awesome!

The image sizes made sense when the site was still hosted on Making It's website—way back in the dialup era, 640x480 CRTs were still common, and people cared about GIFs with web safe colors.

("Always-on Internet? But phone lines are so expensive!" *whrrrr ka-chug ka-chug ping shhhhh* CONNECT 28800)

Fun fact: More time has passed between when that website went live and today, than between the introduction of the Intellivision and the introduction of the BSR archive website. According to the archived site map, most of this material went up in 1997, although some went up in 1996. Intellivision was test marketed in 1978, so 18 - 19 years before that. We're in 2019, around 22 years later.

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 5

Another fun fact: Before they were called "Intellipacks," I downloaded Volume 1 and Volume 2 from here and reverse engineered Carl Mueller Jr's RES file format so I could start poking about on the Intellivision and start on what became jzIntv.

With any luck, now that it's legal drinking age in most jurisdictions, jzIntv 1.0 (not a beta!) will be out soon.

• Like 5