IGNORED

Need Photos of your Gaming PC Builds for Video Series (1995 - 2005)

MonsterMawd

Hey guys, I've started a Retro PC build series on my YT, here's ep 1 "Mod like it's 1999"

I'm planning 2 -3 more videos and asking for photos of your Gaming PC builds from 1995 - 2005. (for photo montage at end of video)

I will include at least one of your photos posted here and credit your atari-age screen name in the video.

Photos can be taken today, but All hardware must be from 1995 - 2005 era, including the case.

been a sub to your channel a number of years, unfortunately I dont have any pictures of my old gear, 1998-2006 were my mod heavy years but those were mostly client stuff where it was do it clean and fast so I can get paid and make rent

I did have a little pizza box P3 compaq that the case was a 3 sided window mod and everything inside was UV painted (with CCFL's of course) that I kept for many years (mostly as a "server") but looking around do not have any good pictures of (more like what the hell is that radio active light blob in the background pictures not of the machine itself)

for what its worth your 1999 series got me a bit itchy again as I am sitting here collecting parts for a upper middle class ryzen, which at this point everything around the core computer itself has a custom touch on it ... actually the only things that are not on the tweak list is the motherboard and the cpu itself... everything else has something different from stock.

Ill post about it on instructables sometime in february which is my goal line

Edited by Osgeld

Great photos, Thank you!

@Osgeld, that's awesome to hear. Thank you so much for your support! The mediocrity of RGB and tempered glass case designs was starting to depress me. Then my friend texted me a clip of him inserting a Michael Jackson Thriller cassette into Win98 PC he just finished. I shared the clip on FB and it went viral overnight. My reaction was "holy ****!" .... Everyone expects me to always be pushing customization of the new PCs forward. I didn't think anyone would care about reviving these old PCs. Revisiting these old PCs has re-ignited my love for this hobby.

I'll have first wave of submitted photos on Monday, I've created

Edited by MonsterMawd

yea, having glide API is making them desirable, in comparision to an ATI Rage or Nvidia TNT... there were a lot of games from the eraly days that give you 2 choices 3dFx or software and even later on glide often looked better than open GL or directX (or looked the same and ran smoother)

Edited by Osgeld

post-29698-0-19084900-1544302829_thumb.jpg

Here is my old PC. 200MHZ AMD K6 (first gen), 32MB of RAM. NEC CD-RW drive (using CD burner because it works with modern burnt CDs).

1.44MB and 1.2MB floppy drives.

Sound card is a Sound Blaster Pro 2.0.

Graphics is an S3 Virge.

Has a dual port CH joystick card installed.

Monitor is actually an Apple Multi-Sync with a VGA to Apple adapter as I already had the monitor and it's cheaper (and easier) to just ship an adapter than to ship a VGA native monitor.

Currently playing The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall.

Now this is not the PC I had back in the day. In fact my family's only computer was a Macintosh Perfoma from 1992 until 2004. But this PC only uses period hardware as it is a strict MS-DOS only machine.

Edited by TravisHuckins