IGNORED

Zoo Keeper (2600, Champ Games)

johnnywc

• 1 month later...

We'll be checking out an Exclusive WIP Update of Zoo Keeper on tomorrow's (Fri Jul 17) ZeroPage Homebrew stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Can't wait to see latest build of Zoo Keeper?

Thanks Steve!  This is actually a release candidate... if there aren't any bugs found we're finally done (after 20+ months of development! ? ).  

Special thanks to:

@Nathan Strum for the graphics, game play suggestions, testing, and impending artwork for the box, label and manual ;) (the sneak preview looks amazing!  :thumbsup: )

@Thomas Jentzsch for the sound fx and music data and the sound driver code so we could use the original sounds originally developed by Robert Vieira for the 1984 WIP that was never complete. 

Lee @keebz Kebler for additional music, including the lion theme and the "no bonus" tune, plus extensive game testing and additional suggestions.

James and the crew @ZeroPage Homebrew for featuring Zoo Keeper on their Twitch stream show and all the helpful feedback from their testing!

Lastly, thank you to all the Atari Age members that have downloaded the demos and provided suggestions on improvements, found bugs, etc.  It's very much appreciated! :D 

Thanks!

John

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

@johnnywc watched the release candidate on last nights ZPH and :owow:-o. Zoo Keeper looks/sounds amazing. James/Tanya @ZeroPage Homebreweven tested the "no bonus" tune. Great work? Thanks to all involved.

Thanks Steve!  I missed the ZPH show so I'm glad to hear that Zoo Keeper showed well! :D  It's been a long road and we're anxious to get the game in people's hands... hopefully soon! :thumbsup:  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 8:46 PM, Prizrak said:

Will there be another binary released or is it close enough to completion that we wait for a cart release?

Hello there!  Sorry for the late reply....   We are on Release Candidate 7 and the final version will be available on cart in the AA store soon! :) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

Managed to get a million-point jump on the latest release candidate. :D (This is a composite of about 5 frames to show everything that was flickering).

million-point-jump.thumb.jpg.25ecd4847e4ec8c3a3fe5071fa0a43ce.jpg

Wow! :o  Great job Nathan!  I have not achieved the coveted 1,000,000 point jump... yet! ;)  

Hello there!  Sorry for the late reply....   We are on Release Candidate 7 and the final version will be available on cart in the AA store soon! [emoji4] 

Gotcha, didn't know if any public releases after Demo 2 came out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

Managed to get a million-point jump on the latest release candidate. :D (This is a composite of about 5 frames to show everything that was flickering).

million-point-jump.thumb.jpg.25ecd4847e4ec8c3a3fe5071fa0a43ce.jpg

Going to have to ban you from any future Zoo Keeper high score competitions ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, johnnywc said:

Wow! :o  Great job Nathan!  I have not achieved the coveted 1,000,000 point jump... yet! ;)  

Btw, this is awesome for two reasons, he not only did it, but we now have confirmation that it can be achieved on the 2600 version.?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Albert said:

Without further ado, here's the Zoo Keeper box, front and back, designed by Nathan Strum.  I think this really came out great, and does a wonderful job of conveying the frenetic nature of the game!  Click on the image for a larger view:

Wow wow wow! What an incredibly colourful box with such expressive artwork that really captures the frantic pace of the game!! Great job @Nathan Strum ! This of course is an insta-buy for me. LOVE IT!

- James

• Thanks 1