IGNORED

Zoo Keeper (2600, Champ Games)

johnnywc

I will be adding digital downloads to the store once I move the store to new software (which I'm already paying for!)  After I get all the new games shipped and am completely caught up with orders, I will be taking a much-needed vacation.  Upon my return, getting the new software up and running will be one of my top priorities (another is having new 2600 shells made, and getting the forum upgraded, will be working on all three in parallel, as well as the next wave of games!)  The new store will be very nice compared to what I'm running now! 

Also will be adding a "Downloads" section to the forums (something I wanted to have done a while ago) which will allow any authors to put their game binaries up in a central location, either for free or for sale (or both!)  Will be great for development, as it supports versioning including a changelog and new screenshots you can attach to each version.  It's pretty cool.  :)

..Al

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

That's also on his to-do list, right after "getting the blogs fixed". ;) 

We'll see how they look once I get on the latest version of the software. They are in the process of releasing 4.6 right now, so I want that to be out for a few months before I upgrade the forum. There are some rather interesting new features in 4.5 and 4.6!

..Al

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

@Albert Instead of having to explain the same over and over again in various threads, how about creating a sticky thread?

Not right now, but soon. I need to focus on shipping games right now. In fact, I need to post another update to that other thread. :)

..Al

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those that are interested, the ROM version of Zoo Keeper is now available for purchase in the Champ Games store!  If you are interested in the full boxed version featuring the amazing artwork by Nathan Strum, it is available in the Atari Age store. 

EDIT: As with all of our ROMs, we do offer a 50% discount if you have previously purchased the cart from AA (instructions are on our website).

Thanks for the support!

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 10:23 AM, Gray Defender said:

I don't know, if the VGC liked it so much why didn't Zookeeper merrit an A or A+, still high praise though and well deserved!

I like VGC, but raw honesty, a lot of his ratings are simply insane.  Several of my absolute favorite video games of all time have gotten grades of C or even D.  I think his reviews are entirely about personal preference, 0% about technical merits etc.  Which is fine once you understand it; he’s not trying to tell you what you should think or buy, just saying what his appreciation level is.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Does this game support hi score saving with the Atari 2600 SaveKey Plus (https://hackaday.io/project/165992-savekey-plus)?

Also, I would like to try demo #2 by burning it to a 32KB EEPROM.  But I guess I need some sort of logic chips to do bank switching?  Would appreciate any tips on this.

Thank you!

Edited by unebonnevie