IGNORED

Need help with choosing the top five 3DO games!

my favorite 5 games in my personal collection (in no particular order) are

- Wing Commander 3

- Star Control 2 (honestly one of the best adventure games on ANY platform)

- Crash and Burn

- Slam and Jam 95

- Return Fire

- Gex

well that's five, but I can't post this without mentioning these two :)

- Road Rash

- the Need for Speed

Crash and Burn is a 3d0 exclusive game, and was a pack in game with some systems, came with mine. When I fire up my old 3do it's always played at least once :) with huge well layed out tracks, impossibly steep hills and the ability to blow the hell out of your opponet it goes down as one of my favorite all time games (mmm top 20 maybe), I doubt if many will agree with me on that, but I love it :) um, you just got to ignore the FMV tho :P

I'm just a few crummy infotainment titles away from a complete collection.

so is the "Supermodels Go Wild" one of them?? ;)

i am 4 titles away from being complete, the Woody collection and Alone in the Dark original boxed version

If I could only have 5 games I would have to pick:

1. Return Fire & Return Fire Maps-o-Death

2. Star Control II

3. Cannon Fodder

4. Lucienne's Quest

5. "D"

I believe that Return Fire, Cannon Fodder, and "D" are available on other systems but I do like the 3DO versions.

Damn!!! Now I have something else I have to get. Never seen one of those before but I prefer the large arcade like sticks to d-pads any day. Currently I have similar contollers for my Genesis, Saturn, NES, SNES, and Dreamcast.

I've been a 3DO owner since '96. Got about 50 games, most of the best and a few crap games. My top 5 are the following:

The Need for Speed

Star Fighter

Space Hulk

Wing Commander III

Battle Sport

There are a lot of other great games though...also lots of bad games.

• 14 years later...

I'll avoid the obvious Street Fighter, Samurai Showdown and Road Rash deal.

​Here's a lesser mentionned top5:

1. Wolfenstein 3D
  2. Phoenix 3
  3. Battle Sport
  4. Crash n Burn
  5. Immercenary

Battlesport is a good choice for sure! Except that I found out it is also on the PS1 :( But still kickass for the 3DO! I also love Wolfenstein 3D but on the Atari jaguar the most!

I don't think I can even make my own top 5 list, I like way too many of the games, and it would be hard for me to place a specific 1-5 in that order but I will list 5 of my favorites:

1. Corpse Killer (Everyone hates it but I liked the cheesiness)

2. Demolition Man (because i loved the movie as a kid and I really had fun with this one)

3. Starblade (It's just fucking awesome to me)

4. Total Eclipse (because I also loved Solar Eclipse)

5. Burning Solder (this game is badass!)

ALSO did you catch that the OP posted he got a 3DO in box with 2 controllers for $49! That would be nice! It's too bad 3DO's prices have jumped like hell as of lately when people are realizing how cool of a system it is! I wish I had bought a lot of thigns back in 2003 when stuff was stupid cheap.

Battlesport is a good choice for sure! Except that I found out it is also on the PS1 :( But still kickass for the 3DO! I also love Wolfenstein 3D but on the Atari jaguar the most!

I don't think I can even make my own top 5 list, I like way too many of the games, and it would be hard for me to place a specific 1-5 in that order but I will list 5 of my favorites:

1. Corpse Killer (Everyone hates it but I liked the cheesiness)

2. Demolition Man (because i loved the movie as a kid and I really had fun with this one)

3. Starblade (It's just fucking awesome to me)

4. Total Eclipse (because I also loved Solar Eclipse)

5. Burning Solder (this game is badass!)

ALSO did you catch that the OP posted he got a 3DO in box with 2 controllers for $49! That would be nice! It's too bad 3DO's prices have jumped like hell as of lately when people are realizing how cool of a system it is! I wish I had bought a lot of thigns back in 2003 when stuff was stupid cheap.

Video game collecting has shot up in price in general, so the 3DO had to follow. It's on par with SegaCD in terms of "most popular obscure" console. What I don't understand, however, is how hard a sell 3DO games actually are. People trying to sell a lot often ending up taking it to their graves or splitting it up to get some money. I know a guy who has a crazy good lot going for $1800CAD and it hasn't moved in months. People just want Road Rash, Return Fire and Street Fighter.

• Like 1

Video game collecting has shot up in price in general, so the 3DO had to follow. It's on par with SegaCD in terms of "most popular obscure" console. What I don't understand, however, is how hard a sell 3DO games actually are. People trying to sell a lot often ending up taking it to their graves or splitting it up to get some money. I know a guy who has a crazy good lot going for $1800CAD and it hasn't moved in months. People just want Road Rash, Return Fire and Street Fighter.

I had 6 games that I was able to sell from my 3DO lot on ebay, took a couple of months for the last one to sell but they all sold. The games themselves aren't worth as much as I think people are asking since with this console you can burn everything for $0.10/disc and then see if the game is even worth the CDR it's copied onto as some of the games are not that good. I did however recently pickup legit CIB versions of the ones I really liked (Demolition Man, Corpse Killer, Starblade) because I did want some for the shelf and really like those games. The system's on the other hand are super hot in price right now and the prices which suck are actually worth it if you can get the system and not necessarily have to pay for the games in order to play the system.