IGNORED

Apparently people are still selling fake PS3 controllers

DragonGrafx-16

Apparently people are still selling fake PS3 controllers. I bought one new on ebay and it turned out to be fake. The listing got pulled after I bought it. The controller arrived and it was obviously a knock off. I asked for a refund and i just got it.

It's kinda bad but not really. I played with it and it was not too bad. I've used worse controllers that were not trying to be knock offs. I had ordered another authentic controller (used this time) and the refund made up for buying a real one. So I ended up getting a controller for free, even if it's fake. It still works. It only has issues working as player 1 with PS2/1 games.

Ugh. I got zapped by one of those sales too. The controller was all right until the left stick got stuck. I took it part and fixed the stick but noticed the battery looked rather chinsy compared to the one in the disassembly video I was watching. Then I researched and learned I had a dupe. It died two months after the stick indident. I discovered I had another pad I bought used from a local store was also a dupe.

Ugh. I got zapped by one of those sales too. The controller was all right until the left stick got stuck. I took it part and fixed the stick but noticed the battery looked rather chinsy compared to the one in the disassembly video I was watching. Then I researched and learned I had a dupe. It died two months after the stick indident. I discovered I had another pad I bought used from a local store was also a dupe.

I bought a used real Dualshock 3 and L2 wasn't working. I opened it and used the membranes from the fake controller (which was actually pretty decent) and it worked again. Then when I was putting the fake one back together I used the old membrane from the used controller and it worked as well. I could have taken the real controller apart and put the membrane back but it did not feel any different so I left it. If it goes out again I can just get replacement button membranes.

Edited by TravisHuckins

Well I imagine there's still a crapload of them out there, and honestly, unless Sony is still making official ones, I imagine third party are going to become increasingly common.

Oh, I have nothing against 3rd party controllers. I have problems with people selling fake Sony branded controllers as genuine.

• Like 1