IGNORED

Show that you like the new cart style

karri

I had to order some new boards and found out that there is a competition going on. So I shared my order in order to participate in the competition.

So please vote for my design. Like it. Download the gerbers.

https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/W10984LXX13_order.html

The design is now shared with all who wants to make games for the Lynx.

post-2099-0-12692400-1543825663.jpg

• Like 6

Unfortunately no. I use a Raspberry Pi with two SPI parallell chips. The programmer board, schematics and code is in the lynx/contrib/blankcarts directory.

No picture, no kicad, so I guess: One needs a Lynx-connector and the programmer is an SPI to parallel mimicking the Lynx?

So programming from the Lynx should also be possible, or not?

No picture, no kicad, so I guess: One needs a Lynx-connector and the programmer is an SPI to parallel mimicking the Lynx?

So programming from the Lynx should also be possible, or not?

Actually the pictures, KiCad's are in the repo. I just did not want to rub lots of technical bits in the face of the readers.

git clone https://bitbucket.org/atarilynx/lynx.git

cd lynx/contrib/blankcart/LynxProogrammer (contains the KiCad files for the programmer)

cd lynx/contrib/blankcart/programmer (contains the software to read or write flash carts. Required a Pi)

cd lynx/contrib/blankcart/TsopCart (contains the KiCad files for the cart itself)

There is also other KiCad carts like the original large cart and a new 2M Tsop cart that I showed at eJagfest.

TsopCart.pdf

LynxProgrammer.pdf

If programming from a Lynx would be important I would use the same chips I used at my developers flash. But unfortunately these chips are BIG. and therefore also expensive. I only used 8MB and 16MB chips in the past. So after looking at the amount of pins required I would say that programming from a Lynx could be easier to do using the SD cart.

Actually the pictures, KiCad's are in the repo. I just did not want to rub lots of technical bits in the face of the readers.

git clone https://bitbucket.org/atarilynx/lynx.git

cd lynx/contrib/blankcart/LynxProogrammer (contains the KiCad files for the programmer)

cd lynx/contrib/blankcart/programmer (contains the software to read or write flash carts. Required a Pi)

cd lynx/contrib/blankcart/TsopCart (contains the KiCad files for the cart itself)

There is also other KiCad carts like the original large cart and a new 2M Tsop cart that I showed at eJagfest.

:-) I meant: I have no KiCAD installed, so the schematics are of no help. So putting the PDFs or pictures in the repo might help.

But the Lynx adapter must be ripped of some old Lynx, or can one by those ... a quick search did not find any.

Ripping the adapter from a Lynx is no longer necessary. I can easily make pogo-pin adapters :)

post-2099-0-67646300-1544086653_thumb.jpg

I have not yet solved how to replace my thumb to press down the cart while I am programming it. But it works.

For soldering the pogo pins I made a jig with 16mm long holes. So I just drop in all pins in the jig and solder the board from the back side.

And a picture of the cart.

post-2099-0-47747800-1544086982_thumb.jpg

Edited by karri
  • Like 1

The PCB I mentioned is a replacement Lynx cart slot adapter using the smallest pogo pins you can buy. Should have it assembled soon, assuming it arrives. I have the pogo pins and the programmer board, just waiting for the rest of the PCBs I've had manufactured. Will have the whole design revealed soon. It solve's karri's press down issue (hopefully).

• Like 1