IGNORED

Saving on the Game Gear everdrive?

Rick Dangerous

I can't remember for the life of me how to do it. I know for the NES and other systems it's like down on the D pad plus start.

I'm thinking that:

-It does it automatically for games that support the save feature (this I know to be the case).

-It may be a button combo that I don't remember and can't find

-OR the GG everdrive doesn't support save states like the Mega Everdrive does and my memory is playing tricks on me.. it only supports the battery save games.

Thanks, and sorry for the stupid question.

It's amazing what you can't find a definitive answer to easily online these days!!

Again I don't know on the GG, but on my Mega Everdrive X5 the SAVE folder is where battery saves (and the CD backup RAM cart) go. Just using that as a comparison point I don't think that necessarily means anything one way or another for the GG.

edit: looking at the listing on krikzz site, there's mention of game saves, but not save states: https://krikzz.com/store/home/37-everdrive-gg.html

If save states aren't in the demo youtube link, then my guess is they're not supported. I haven't watched that vid though.

Edited by derFunkenstein

Yep.. not all Everdrives have save states. That's the entire reason why I forked out dough for the Gameboy Everdrive X7 even though I already had an old GB Everdrive.. it was all about the SAVE STATES. That's also why I still use the N8 Everdrive even though the NT Mini can load the same games off SD card... again because of SAVE STATES. :lol:

And yeah it does not look like the GG Everdrive has that feature. Although, the SMS X7 does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...