IGNORED

MiniVex Pedal I - Vectrex Foot Switch Button Controller

Vectrexer

Coming Soon for Vectrex...

MiniVex Pedal I

Vectrex Controller Button Controller.

Following Larry's (ClassicGamesAndCarsFan) current MiniVex controller is the new MiniVex Vectrex Pedal Controller.

The controller is designed so that it may be used either in tandem with another Vectrex controller, or independently on a different controller port.

Plug the Pedal Controller into your Vectrex. Plug your controller into the extension box controller. Select button 1,2,3 or 4 with the rotary switch. Then stomp it!

The selected button still operates from the controller as well as the pedal.

The Pedal Controller can be used in on its own too. Plug the pedal controller in the desired Vectrex controller port. Select button 1,2,3 or 4 with the rotary switch. Then stomp it!

Keep an eye on availability through Larry's regular eBay sales. Here is his his eBay sales via his "ClassicGamesAndCarsFan" seller account.

I'll post more pictures later when mine arrives.

post-5318-0-76649500-1543860988_thumb.jpg

#Vectrex

#MiniVex

#Pedal

#Foot

#Switch

#Controller

#MiniVexPedalI

• Like 1

Overall I think the quality matched up to his other MiniVex products well. Functions exactly as described. Does not interfere the functions of joystick.

Love the fact that I can use the pedal in place of buttons 1 or 2. Those can be a stretch at times during the exciting parts of a game. Such as the Escape (hyperspace) button in Mine Storm. Definitely worth it.

The included pedal feels good enough.

Cable Length from the switch selector box to the pedal is about 66 inches (5.5 feet / 1.8 yards / 1.6 meters). Cable length from the switch selector box to the Vectrex is 6 inches (15 centimeters). I found both cable lengths good for connection to the Vectrex, and to reach the floor while playing from a desk top.

The connector that connects to the Vectrex is already pre shaped to fit without any issues.

The switch is nice and solid.

I have sent some suggestions back to Larry. Such as a suggestion to use a detachable pedal with a 1/4 plug. This would open up the possibility of other pedals from the music world being used.

Here is a link to an album with my pictures of the MiniVex Pedal "I" prototype I received.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/miyDx9ztRLehYNhU6

Edited by Vectrexer
  • Like 1

Update 2018-12-07:

There is a feature kept "secret" for the first listing . Now that sale is done the secret is out!

Larry also informed me the MiniVex Pedal "I" has Atari 2600 Support!

The MiniVex Pedal can be used with the original Atari 2600 and its Controllers to allow for button control by foot pedal.

Compatible with the following controllers:

• Atari 2600 Joystick

• Atari 2600 Driving Controller

• Atari 2600 Paddle Controller

• Other Atari 2600 compatible controllers

You bring up ideas I hadn't though of with the hyperspace button. Here was me thinking only of driving games but I guess it could be used for any extra button press.

So let's see, 5 feet (roughly) from box to pedal and six inches from box to Vectrex. Hmmm I need to see if that will fit in my setup.

I lucked out and have a Fury Overdrive steering wheel. Do you happen to know if that will work with this pedal as well? If so that would be awesome.

You bring up ideas I hadn't though of with the hyperspace button. Here was me thinking only of driving games but I guess it could be used for any extra button press.

So let's see, 5 feet (roughly) from box to pedal and six inches from box to Vectrex. Hmmm I need to see if that will fit in my setup.

I lucked out and have a Fury Overdrive steering wheel. Do you happen to know if that will work with this pedal as well? If so that would be awesome.

The MiniVex Pedal I Vectrex controller should be is compatible with the Fury Overdrive Vectrex controller. The MiniVex Pedal "I" replicates the button function for the selected button. The Button function is available for control at the same time on the MiniVex Pedal and the Vectrex controller.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...