IGNORED

The Hidden Reef

Opry99er

Thanks for the post!!! Yes, the manner in which they are transferred to the TI is important. I can send you the individual updated, correct V9T9 file set I transferred using CFHDXS1 if you'd like, jmazzy. What transfer program are you using, by the way?

Thank you both for the feedback.

Twoodland: the error message and the LIST output I'm seeing are identical to what you experienced. But I've checked the Telco disk directory, and I don't seem to see the file naming anomaly you mentioned; all of the filenames still show the '>', not '@'.

Owen: yes, I'd be grateful for a copy of that individual updated V9T9 file set.

Below is the process I've been using to transfer files to the TI. It seems to have worked for other files thus far although, admittedly, I haven't moved many files back and forth. Sounds like I've been missing a step?...or as Twoodland asked, is there a 'best method' for transferring files?

My TI is configured with an original TI 5.25 floppy drive as DSK1 and a Lotharek HxC as DSK2. My goal is to run Telco from the Lotharek (DSK2).

My main computer is a Macbook, and I've downloaded Telco directly from Vorticon's earlier post. I've copied that .DSK file from my Mac to my virtual Windows 10 PC (i.e. I'm running VMWare Fusion on my Macbook). Once in Windows, I run Lotharek's HxCFloppyEmulator software. I select ->Floppy Image ->Load->TELCO-SSSD.dsk. Then ->Export->Save As Type: HFE file. I then copy that .HFE file to the PC's SD card, eject the SD card, and insert it into the Lotharek unit.

(Note that I do also use TI99Dir to inspect the files.)

post-41785-0-32894500-1546658408.jpg

• Like 1

Jmazzy... I have a few videos I've just taken of the process, but I don't have time to edit, splice, and upload them to YouTube tonight. I can shoot them to you in Facebook messenger if you use that. You can find me by "Owen Brand". I live in Hustisford, WI.

Shoot me a friend request or a message request and I'll shoot you these videos tonight, asap

• Like 2

Jmazzy... I have a few videos I've just taken of the process, but I don't have time to edit, splice, and upload them to YouTube tonight. I can shoot them to you in Facebook messenger if you use that. You can find me by "Owen Brand". I live in Hustisford, WI.

Shoot me a friend request or a message request and I'll shoot you these videos tonight, asap

I genuinely appreciate it, thanks. Totally no rush.

I wouldn't mind experimenting with that updated Telco V9T9 file set you have, if you wouldn't mind posting it. Again, no rush.

I run mine from my HRD16 RAMdisk on DSK7. I took the easy way out and used a sector editor to edit DSK1 to DSK7 (or use your preferred drive designation). There are two instances - one in TELCO and another in TELCQ.

I decided to take a stab at using a sector editor, too. Success! Thanks for the tip.

Owen: looks like I won't need that updated V9T9 file set after all, although I will have a closer look at the CFHDXS1 / HDX server combo for long-term use.

Now on the next challenge: actually getting Telco to work. ;-)

post-41785-0-44695300-1546727231_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi BBS fans. Finally got the chance to install the P-Box I recently refreshed by vaccuming out at least three decades of crud and installed a new stock fan. I replaced all the electrolytic caps in the power supply as well as the voltage regulators and checked all wire connections for good contact and correct voltage spec. I got lucky and no one tried to log-on the Reef while swapping in the refreshed P-Box. Reinstalled all the cards and booted the system with success. ;)

The Hidden Reef hardware list

Console

refreshed switching style pws with blue LED

32k on the 16 bit buss

3.58 Mhz crystal

F18A video adapter

Acer 17" LCD monitor

Realistic amplifier for sound

Hidden Reef P-Box

Refreshed TI interface card (Firehose card)

SNUG 3meg RAM Disk

MBP clock card

IDE controller with 4meg compact flash

TI RS232 1/2

TI RS232 3/4

CorComp floppy controller 2 3.5 floppies, 2 5.25 floppies

Rave speech card adapter

(All cards have blue LED)

2wqskqr.jpg2m2ufjo.jpgw0s6yo.jpg

• Like 5

Hi BBS fans. Finally got the chance to install the P-Box I recently refreshed by vaccuming out at least three decades of crud and installed a new stock fan. I replaced all the electrolytic caps in the power supply as well as the voltage regulators and checked all wire connections for good contact and correct voltage spec. I got lucky and no one tried to log-on the Reef while swapping in the refreshed P-Box. Reinstalled all the cards and booted the system with success. ;)

Nice work and system! Heatwave's replacement ATX power supply is patiently awaiting installation so I moved it closer to the case. ;) Your pictures are great motivators!

• Like 3

The Hidden Reef hardware list

Console

refreshed switching style pws with blue LED

32k on the 16 bit buss

3.58 Mhz crystal

F18A video adapter

Acer 17" LCD monitor

Realistic amplifier for sound

Hidden Reef P-Box

Refreshed TI interface card (Firehose card)

SNUG 3meg RAM Disk

MBP clock card

IDE controller with 4meg compact flash

TI RS232 1/2

TI RS232 3/4

CorComp floppy controller 2 3.5 floppies, 2 5.25 floppies

Rave speech card adapter

(All cards have blue LED)

Is that multiple SCSI cards I see in the background! Nice....Now that's a tower!

• Like 2