jacobus

Dungeon Hunt II

I have the disk and cart version of the first game. I'm very interested in this part II release.

• Like 1

Would you consider a combined DH/DH2 release when it's ready? I missed the original, would love to play it.

• Like 1

Well, here is the news.

Dungeon Hunt II is taking part in the Abbuc Software Contest 2019. Abbuc members will get it for free with the next magazine*, all others have to wait until the end of October or whenever the author releases it.

* For those Abbuc members that cannot wait until they get the 5,25" diskette, there will be some downloadable ATR images soon on the member page...

• Like 2

Thanks CC!  I should have made this announcement myself!

Dungeon Hunt II will be widely available after the ABBUC contest is over.  However, if you can't wait - I suggest you join the ABBUC and get it sooner!

• Like 3

On 8/2/2019 at 11:01 AM, jacobus said:

Thanks CC!  I should have made this announcement myself!

Dungeon Hunt II will be widely available after the ABBUC contest is over.  However, if you can't wait - I suggest you join the ABBUC and get it sooner!

Hmm, I may have to do that.  What is the link to join the club?

On 8/2/2019 at 11:01 AM, jacobus said:

I should have made this announcement myself!

Was the xex or atr of the game ever made available?  If so,  where can I find it? 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 5:01 PM, jacobus said:

Hi, Jacobus. Since the ABBUC contest is over since October, would it be possible to publish the file also for non-ABBUC-members?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sleepy said:

I´m still interested in such a lovely box like the first DH was published. 🙂

Sleepy

I’d contact jacobus directly, as he was accepting orders for this two months ago.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Oh, thx, it seems that I missed the pre-order thread...

Order palced!

Sleepy

Me too!!!! Ordered at once! Thanks for providing this reminder!

Got my copy, ermm two copies (1x disk, 1x cart.) today. Disk works as normal, cart. behaved strange and I first thought it does not work...

Inserted the cart., screen stayed blue for quite a while and nothing seemed to happen. Turned computer off and back on again (and re-inserted cart), same as before, but now I waited a bit longer and suddenly the screen turned black... oh oh, does not look good...

But then a few seconds later, tada - the titlescreen appeared. Really unusual for a cart., because normally I turn the computer on and the cart is there instantly (or crashes instantly showing a black/blank or a blue screen). Here you have to stare at a blue screen, then at a black screen and finally the game is there.

So, if you bought the cart. version, be patient! 

(Here the disk version has a small advantage: You can hear SIO sounds and know it is still loading.)