IGNORED

Amiga 1200 Floppy Drive bracket/mount

rpiguy9907

I recently picked up an A1200 on eBay for $250. Given the lowish price I was expecting some bodge jobs and I was right. Not only is the hard drive duct taped to underside of the top case, the floppy drive is also floating unsecured in the case. I understand it should screw into a bracket that has two screws outside the case to secure it.

Is there a source for these parts somewhere so I can secure the floppy?

There's a guy on Ebay UK called airey36 who has an enormous stock of Amiga parts including clips, screws and brackets, as well as whole systems.

I've bought parts from him before, including trap door covers and such. Shipping to the USA was pretty inexpensive as I recall, although I was buying a few difference parts so it might be less attractive if you just need the one part.

• Like 1

Good advice up there!

Btw: A1200 floppy does not need, nor does it have a separate floppy bracket or cradle. Its mount is part of the case and secured by 2-3 screws under the bottom. Only time you hear mention of a floppy mount, is when you want to secure a Gotek or similar device in its place.

It's the 2.5" hard drive that needs a cradle in an A600/A1200. This one isn't from airey, but shown for pictorial purposes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amiga-1200-A600-Hard-Drive-cradle/263681619373?epid=21012198672&hash=item3d64a635ad:g:lOQAAOSwC-taRQnj

Good advice up there!

Btw: A1200 floppy does not need, nor does it have a separate floppy bracket or cradle. Its mount is part of the case and secured by 2-3 screws under the bottom. Only time you hear mention of a floppy mount, is when you want to secure a Gotek or similar device in its place.

It's the 2.5" hard drive that needs a cradle in an A600/A1200. This one isn't from airey, but shown for pictorial purposes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amiga-1200-A600-Hard-Drive-cradle/263681619373?epid=21012198672&hash=item3d64a635ad:g:lOQAAOSwC-taRQnj

It actually came with the cradle. I see what you mean about the exposed floppy screw holes on the lip of the case. What a cheap design I cant believe it made it to the factory like that.

Thanks all!