IGNORED

Vectrex SD Cart?

adamchevy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that I've been using the new VecFlash cart and it's awexome!  Easy to iterate and add new games to the cart and the flashing process is fast.  If you are going to be running an SD card back and forth to your computer, I'd argue VecFlash is just as easy if not more so.  If you want to have a pile of unmarked SD cards to chose from, that's another bag of fun.

@Richard H. can you explain how one might put VecFlash in dev mode?  Is that possible or is that only possible with VecMulti?  I'm also wondering if this can be integrated into Vide for quick development of games xD

On 10/21/2019 at 3:49 AM, Richard H. said:

Sorry for the delay.

I have isolated the problem, but it is needing a hardware redesign to correct it. This is taking time as a new PCB needs to be made.

Great news that a fix is in the works.

Can somebody please state the exact problem, for new guys and me who isn't sure about the issue?  

Do the graphics get out of whack for all games, or only on certain ones? I don't think mine has a problem but I would like to troublesshoot it. From what I gather, only certain consoles are affected.

Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, Richard H. said:

Just the menu (not the games) gets messed up.

On my console the menu and also the games would not work correctly, sometimes nothing would come up on the screen.  Yet VecFlash works perfect.

Of course because the menu is launched first before games, whatever its doing wrong could trickle into effecting the game. So maybe the fix is the solution for both in my case?

When you're ready to test your new revision of the hardware for VecMulti, I would be happy to buy and make sure its working on my console if it sounds like a more extreme case.

On 11/10/2019 at 10:01 AM, Richard H. said:

Just the menu (not the games) gets messed up.

I'd also like to be clear that both menu and games were not working on either vecmulti cart purchased on either of my vectrex systems, not just menu.

The one I sent you was worse than the other.

Since a new pcb is required I assume this means you need me to also send the 2 carts back for fixing.  Dont suppose there is some other sort of option we can work out as the guy who sent your the logic board from my messed up system?

Shipping is quite expensive from me to you as I've already done it twice :)

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice, well done - it could have a sticker covering the entire surface - or even wrap around the edge and whole bottom part. Unless one feels the 3D print is nice and stylish.  ;-) 

Does the smaller version allow it to be inserted up-side-down? Maybe it's equipped with a mercury switch that breaks 5V if it's inserted the wrong way?  ;-)  :D :D