IGNORED

Vectrex SD Cart?

adamchevy

Not sure if this will help or not but one of the issues I’ve seen with prepping and cards on Macs is all the extra dot files the Mac leaves behind. I’ve had a number of flash carts and home brew devices choke if those files are there. My belief is the code uses to parse the fat file system can’t handle the existence of the dot files. Once I remove them via command line everything has worked okay. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought one of these a while back, and my Vectrex was sidelined until recently. Now that it's working (full recap and power switch cleaned), I'm able to use the cart. The menu seems really, really dim. Even though the brightness adjustment is set to play games at the ideal brightness. Once I launch a game, the brightness is fine. It's just really dim on the menu.

Is this normal?

18F45F89-5819-4D33-A1A4-6B7383658259.jpeg

On 8/19/2020 at 12:39 AM, nick3092 said:

The menu seems really, really dim. Even though the brightness adjustment is set to play games at the ideal brightness. Once I launch a game, the brightness is fine. It's just really dim on the menu.

Is this normal?

The lower part of the menu listing the games is darker.  From my point of view it looks correct, but you are blowing out the screen with whatever lighting your using in the photo.

That's the insanely bright LED strip light over my work bench. I didn't even consider that was causing it to look so dim, as games looked fine under that light, it was just the menu. I moved it to a more naturally lit area and the menu looks much better now.

Edited by nick3092
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is there any reason EDIH and Thrust wouldn't work? 32kB isn't anything special, right?
Vectorblade would probably require some modification of the VecMulti to run, maybe Richard will attempt it if there's more of these IRQ-banking games coming out.

Malban has explained in detail how to do it though so it seems likely.

Not that it would require a lot of extra circuitry to have more banks without the need of the IRQ line but it's a neat solution.

I'm in-between Vectrexes at the moment, so I can't check.

Edited by e5frog

Thrust 1.01 works on my VecMulti. I believe the rom came on the SD card when I bought it.

I just tried Thrust 1.2 from http://www.emix8.org/static.php?page=VectrexThrust and it does not work on my VecMulti either.

Thrust 1.01 is attached if anyone is interested in it.

Thrust101.bin

Edited by 8bitAndy

V1.2 misses two bytes at the end to be an even 32KiB. Could be the reason.

EDIT:

When running ROM_patcher.exe (VecFlash ROM Patcher Version 0.2) that comes with VecMulti:
https://www.vectrex.biz/VFRP.zip

It patches DCNTRL but doesn't seem to do anything about the size - don't know if size makes any difference.  ;-)

Edited by e5frog

24 minutes ago, e5frog said:

When running ROM_patcher.exe (VecFlash ROM Patcher Version 0.2) that comes with VecMulti:
https://www.vectrex.biz/VFRP.zip

thanks a lot man, this version also doesn't work on my pc. i tried the other version on two windows pc's and got the same error. so, i will need to figure out how to get this running. i already tried something, but it didn't work. will test some more… hmm, could you do me a favour and patch these 3? and upload them :) i will try them out then 

VGames.zip

OMG! Tack! they all work now! You are the best, man. I just got quarantined, because some stupid people came to work with a cold and got tested positive afterwards, so this is the best present ever. I will get tested on monday, I don't think I have it, but I'm still locked up. I know what I will be doing now! Thanks again!