IGNORED

My TandyVision 1 setup at last months Tandy Assembly

rietveld

Tandy Assembly was awesome. I'm in northern Indiana so it was only about a 4 hour drive.

I was the guy that asked about the ECS thinking it was a Tandy version I never heard of. :) Was the PT210 also yours?

All the guest speakers were great. Not a boring moment and so cool hearing about all the inside corporate stories from back in the day.

The location was....well different. I had second thoughts about going when I read the crime rate is 172% higher than the national average and only 5% of the US is considered safer. :skull: I did tour the town a bit and it didn't seem that bad, but still....

The hotel at $155 a night in that location was ridiculous. The staff and conference areas were very nice, but my room was mediocre. Paint peeling off the entire bathroom ceiling, back of toilet area cringy, no microwave and paper thin walls (can literally hear neighbors phone conversations and their coffee pot gurgling in the morning). Also right next to railroad tracks and the cheap windows allowed you to hear them all night. Then factor in crappy TV/cable and no free breakfast That place was on the level of a $60 per night budget hotel.

I noticed many Illinois and Indiana plates in the parking lot. If they have it next year, I hope they choose a place like southern Indiana in late September or early October. Perfect place would be Columbus Indiana right off I65 on 46 (maybe 150 miles from this year's location). La Quinta there is phenomenal...reasonable rates, spotless rooms, fridge/microwave, huge TV, "happy hour" in the evening with free drinks and snacks, full free breakfast, etc. It's also minutes away from Brown County with endless restaurants and attractions. Imo, one of the most beautiful areas in the country.

• Like 2

The 'box' plugged into the right cart port: is the ECS (entertainment computer system). It adds 2k of memory and comes with a BASIC interpreter. It let's you connect a keyboard, tape drive, printer, and even a musical keyboard

I know, but it doesn't... look... like... a... computer.

Too bad they didn't provide a more powerful computer expansion