IGNORED

YARS (Yet Another Retroxploitation Sham)

youxia

via Reddit

The Truth Behind Soulja boy's New "Tech" Store

I feel as though this topic hasn't been appropriately revealed. In fact people are completely blind to what Soulja boy has actually done with his new "game console/tech" store. Things to clear up: 1) He was not paid by any "gaming" company to put his name on a console/phone and have it sold 2) He (and his team) have not developed anything whatsoever and his claims saying he will come out with new designs etc. cannot be true unless they completely change the business model.

Here's a simple answer: He's drop-shipping. Dropshipping is when you make a website (especially with Shopify which is what he's using) and source pre-made products from China to a customer who buys on his website. Here's proof: https://tinyurl.com/y8z6zkto and compare it to Soulja boy's https://souljawatch.com/collections/frontpage/products/souljagame-handheld

Go through the pictures on his website and the Aliexpress product page. They are exactly one to one. In fact, every single item on his store is taken from Aliexpress. This even shows his profit margin which is about $46. He never touches the product itself, he receives an order on his website with the address of the buyer and then goes on the Aliexpress product page and orders it to his customer's address. This is also why it takes so long for these items to arrive to the buyers, because they're being shipped from China, the physical product doesn't even has name on it.

He has even had to take to Twitter to say "give it another 1 to 2 days" for the products to arrive, they actually take a really long time and tracking is horrible. The store itself is extremely amateur, any capable dropshipper knows not to include the Aliexpress product descriptions because they're so horribly written, but Soulja doesn't seem to care and keeps it on each one of his products.

And here I was, thinking that "dropshipping" is some new Halo MP trick...

The thing he's selling is the same CoolBaby console you could have bought from AliExpress for quite a while now, it's nothing special and not really worthy of all this press he's getting all of a sudden. I guess it's interesting because it's an intersection of music and old games, but shame on the lazy "game press" for falling for this crap.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love how he tried to spin it as "You don't want to see a black man make money in video games" when literally every commentary I've seen was along the lines of "Not only did you try something the average guy can't get away with, you'll probably get off easy, since you have celebrity lawyers and a war chest."

This guy is exactly the type of personality that makes me hate pop culture. Someone who shouts their own imagined importance at the top of their lungs while actually contributing nothing of value.

• Like 3