IGNORED

What 8 Robot Masters would you like to see in an Atari based Mega Man game?

Fragmare

What 8 Robot Masters would you like to see in an Atari based Mega Man game?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What 8 Robot Masters would you like to see in an Atari based Mega Man game?

• Pong Man
    • Combat Man
    • Missile Man
    • Tempest Man
    • Yar Man
    • Centipede Man
    • Invader Man
    • Asteroid Man
    • Warlord Man
    • Pit Man
    • Klax Man
    • Marble (Madness) Man
    • Primal (Rage) Man
    • Jaguar Man
    • Lunar Man
    • Havoc Man
    • Breakout Man

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

so how are you creating this? Are you just taking videos and still screenshots from NES games and converting them to the 7800's resolution?

I'm re-drawing all new graphics for it. Some based on already existing Mega Man graphics, some drawn from scratch. Mostly compliant with either 160a or 160b mode.

Edited by Fragmare
  • Like 2

Also, I suppose it's a good thing Missile Man is one of the leading entries, because I've had the sprite frames drawn for months. And my co-horts, Wavetable Guy and Tobikomi, have already created the Missile Man stage music lol...

DielW5B.gif

Missile Man stage POKEY music: https://instaud.io/328k

Edited by Fragmare
  • Like 4

Marble Man would be where it's at. Not so much for the robot design (probably much like Pong Man), but because the level could be so very cool. A M.C. Escher world, where you're often chased by a giant marble, where activating switches tilts enemies or obstacles away or let's you move past by opening new slides. Lots of possibilities for a physics based level.

Pong Man and Breakout Man also have some interesting possibilities.

Edited by Atarifever
  • Like 2

Would something like this be possible on Atari 8-bit as well? A Mega Man game on the Atari computers or the XEGS would be truly awesome!

I don't really see why not... If Crownland can be done. The colors would probably need to be reworked and reduced, but, I just don't see something like Mega Man in fat pixels being beyond the 8-bit line's capabilities

Break out man or even pong man when you shoot at them they block your shot and bounce it back

All the stages will feature theming and gameplay mechanics reminiscent of the original Atari game their Robot Master is based on. For example, Pong Man *WILL* bounce your own shots back you, Tempest Man will attempt to Superzapper you, Centipede Man makes multiple shadow copies of himself which follow him around and mimic his actions, etc...

Here is the Tempest Man stage music so far: https://instaud.io/33HD

• Like 2

While I do know some game programmers on Newgrounds, I don't know if any of them are knowledgeable in 7800 Basic or 6502 Assembly. (I also have another game that combines Mega Man X, Gargoyle's Quest, Robot Ninja Haggleman 3 from Retro Game Challenge, and involves characters that I created back in 2001-2002.)

Thought I might share some of the 160a sprite frames for the blue bomber himself I've made. The way it was done on the NES is the face, eyes, and pupils were a separate sprite from the rest of the body... thus getting more than 3 colors + transparent for the main sprite. I see no reason why the 7800 should be any different, so I've done the same here. :)

6GyDV1p.gif

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Finished up some frames for Proto Man! :D

dssEvPL.gif

I think I'm going to go ahead and finish this project in Game Maker for Windows, so it can appeal to a wider audience. I'll release the assets here on AA after I'm finished. That way, if somebody wants to create this for an actual 7800, they can go nuts. I'm already doing graphics, music, sound, and stage design. I don't have time to learn to code 6502 assembly or 7800 basic.

• Like 1