IGNORED

Help: Can't get a signal from my Atari 5200.

Coleco Kong

No light and it's a 4 port model.

I like the 4-port model myself, but I'll freely admit it's harder to troubleshoot thanks to the unique switchbox. Do you have a multimeter so you can test the power supply? (Alternatively, if you have an Intellivision 2, it can use the 5200 power supply, so you could test it with that.)

Usually, only one of two components fail in the switchbox. I always get mine going again easily.

1- the transistor inside, or,

2- the small IC chip inside LM193 I think.

+1 to what zylon said. I fixed up three recently, and they all just needed that transistor (a 2N3906)

So step 1 would be to determine if the power supply works (if not, it may just need the fuse replaced.) Step 2, after verifying you have a good power supply, would be to either try a known good switchbox, or replace the transistor in the switch box (if that doesn't work, perhaps the LM193N as well.) Step 3, if both the power supply and switchbox are good, would involve repairs to the console. (Here's hoping it doesn't get that far for you... I tried to fix two 5200's this year with power issues with no success. :( )

Good news? Power Supply works after testing it with the Multimeter, bad news I think it could be the switch box.

The power supply working is certainly good news... cracking it open even to just replace to fuse would be harder than fixing the switch box will probably be.

So onto the switch box! Got any soldering skills? If you've done any soldering in the past, replacing the transistor shouldn't be hard at all.