IGNORED

Clean Working Black/Silver TI-99/4A

Toucan

I just got a setup where I can hook up my PC and TI on the same TV set and am looking for a clean/working TI-99/4A black/silver console. I would like to find a until in as pristine condition as possible. I had a beige unit that seems to not work anymore, and a black/silver unit would match the TV/PC. Thanks for any help!

• Like 1

The one in this auction looks to be in excellent condition and is reported to work. If interested, you could make an offer:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4A-Computer-Console-Speech-Synth-Manual-Software/183575563064?hash=item2abdf4cb38:g:hhMAAOSwjfdcDmso:rk:12:pf:0

Disclaimer: Although the auction location is Powell, OH which is near me, I am not affiliated with it at all.

Edited by twoodland

Heh. I clued the seller onto the caps lock. She sent a nice thank you message. Did the price go up? I think so, but wasn't paying much attention to the original listing and price. I see she changed the description to all working. More power to her if she sells it.

Meanwhile, she also has a clean-looking and tested console-only, no PS or cables for ~ $60 and free shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4a-Home-Computer-System-CONSOLE-ONLY-Tested-Works/264066709786

There's something to be said for clean tested working versus the typical used "as-is."

Toucan, I'd guess you still have the power supply and misc. cables from your beige console?

-Ed

• Like 1

Heh. I clued the seller onto the caps lock. She sent a nice thank you message. Did the price go up? I think so, but wasn't paying much attention to the original listing and price. I see she changed the description to all working. More power to her if she sells it.

Meanwhile, she also has a clean-looking and tested console-only, no PS or cables for ~ $60 and free shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4a-Home-Computer-System-CONSOLE-ONLY-Tested-Works/264066709786

There's something to be said for clean tested working versus the typical used "as-is."

Toucan, I'd guess you still have the power supply and misc. cables from your beige console?

-Ed

Yep. Still have it all. Am very tempted to buy this one. Probably will click the button.

Update: done. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Edited by Toucan
  • Like 1

Yep. Still have it all. Am very tempted to buy this one. Probably will click the button.

Update: done. Thanks for all the help everyone!

I'ts nice to see one listed as working with a 30 day warranty, but before you plug anything into the side port, be sure check the contacts. I really cannot tell from the photo, if it's dirt, rust or just bad lighting, but I would give it some attention.

post-35324-0-75632700-1544672692_thumb.jpg